News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lionel David Freeman

World Hickory Golfer July Issue
« on: July 12, 2011, 06:30:27 AM »
The July issue of World Hickory Golfer issue is now out.Thanks to Melvyn Morrow for posting the infomation in the past. I am priveleged to be able to promote on this great site,and hope to make other contributions in the future.As a past member of some great clubs and courses,Coombe Hill,St Georges Hill and Wentworth and  an admiirer of the Architects of the period that these courses were built
I am also the imeadiate past Captain of a fine new links course ,Craigielaw G.C Aberlady East Lothian desiigned by Donald Steel.

Melvyn Morrow

Re: World Hickory Golfer July Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 07:18:22 AM »
Hi Lionel

Welcome to GCA.com, your first post, first of many I hope. Love The World Hickory Golfer articles, keep up the good work.

Don't hold back, your knowledge is needed certainly on the Royal & Ancient Game played in Scotland, I do forgive your involvement with Musselburgh - the wild bunch, and nothinghas changed since Old Tom's day, still questionable tactics by your spectators.

A big welcome to you

Melvyn   

Melvyn Morrow

Re: World Hickory Golfer July Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:40:30 AM »

Lionel

July issue is great, I really look forward to the beginning of each month just to catch up upon my Hickory reading.

One thing I am looking forward to is the coming together of The World Hickory Golfer walking in tune with The Walking Golfer (http://www.thewalkinggolfer.com/) upon a course called Askernish. I do hope that soon a Hickory Match will be staged at Askernish which will I believe unite all into what Golf once meant to The Golfers of Scotland some 150 years ago thus starting the golfing explosion worldwide.

You, Rob and Ralph must meet what stories we would hear.

Keep the good work up Guys

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back