News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike H

Clubs in Louisville
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:40 PM »
I have the possibility to move to Louisville for work but feel I have been spoiled at my current club in Dayton.  I know very little about Louisville courses but would like to join a club if I move.  What clubs should I look at?  Which places have a good layout, good conditions, active membership, good players etc?  Any insight would be beneficial.  The obvious is Valhalla but there has to be a few other good choices in the area.

Jamie Van Gisbergen

Re: Clubs in Louisville
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
Well I once paid like $6 to play Iroquois over near Churchill Downs...but that's probably not what you have in mind.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:22:07 PM »
Mike,

Check your inbox.

Jud_T

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 07:27:31 AM »
If it were me I'd look into the 2 courses that Keith Foster's worked on: Louisville CC and Hurstbourne.  Louisville CC seems to have an original 9 by Travis as well.  But not speaking from personal experience.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:30:15 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

PCCraig

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 07:44:15 AM »
Jud makes some good suggestions, but Valhalla is a pretty darn good golf club option. The other good news is you'll be 40 min away from the Ross course at French Lick.
H.P.S.

Mike H

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 08:03:03 AM »
Thank you everyone.  I guess another thing I would look for is the ability to carry my own clubs and walk.  I believe Valhalla is cart or caddy at all times.

Tim Martin

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Mike-Reach out to David Cronan. I had a friend move out there for 5 months as a project manager and David provided a great rundown of what is available on both the private and public fronts in the "Ville".

John Mayhugh

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »
The other good news is you'll be 40 min away from the Ross course at French Lick.

If you don't have a helicopter on call, it's more like 1:15.   :D

But still pretty accessible.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
A friend and former teammate of mine used to be a member of Harmony Landing in nearby Goshen.  I never got to play the course, but we stopped by one rainy post-Derby morning a couple years ago and visited with the head pro, Mike Thomas.  What a nice guy.  His son Justin is a pretty darn good player.  Another teammate of mine plays out of Persimmon Ridge and speaks fondly of it as a tough but fun course.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back