News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kris Shreiner

Back again @ Aronimink for ACT II, the Dalton-Shreiner Duo is at it again ths year and warmly extends an invitation to the GCA gang (lurkers included)! As those who attended last year well know, it was a memorable two days.

Details have been posted and our special guests from last year, who gave some superb insights to both Aronimink and the U.S. Open set-ups, have given early indication they hope to attend again and share their thoughts.

Scheduled for Friday, July 1 and Saturday July 2nd, from 11a.m.-6p.m., a festive BBQ under the Big Top will again be on offer. We also have a limited number of guest, private parking passes for those that need special assistance.

Kindly RSVP promptly with Kim and we will look forward to seeing you! Guests, within reason, are most welcome.

Cheers,
Kris 8)

P.S.- Pardon the typo spelling error on the direction map, the editor overslept!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:43:38 AM by Kris Shreiner »
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Joe Bausch

Dear Kris,

Thanks for the offer. We'll be there.

The Three M's.
David, Tom, and Pat

P.S.  How far of a walk is the Merion Archives?
--------
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Kris Shreiner

Joe,

How far are the Merion archives...from where? Are you looking to get some research in that day as welll?! ;D
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Ray Cross

Thanks Kris....a great fun event. I would like to attend. When will details be posted?

Ray Cross

Kris Shreiner

Ray,

I hope to have the details posted by June 23rd. We loook forward to seeing you!

Cheers,
Kris

Joe Bausch

Here are the details of the event courtesy of Kris and my web server.

Dan Boerger

Kris/All - Just saw this thread. Great stuff. I will definitely contribute to the worthy cause and RSVP once I know my schedule. (Working and entertaining those days on-site as well.) Hoping for great weather and even better golf. Thanks to Mr. Gosselin and his staff, place is looking/playing fantastic.
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Kris Shreiner

Dan,

Thanks, we look forward to seeing you! John and his team do a superb job there and I expect a great presentation again this year if our weather Gods cooperate.
Feel free to bring a couple compadres along when you can drop in from your duties...they'll enjoy it. We'll have a cart running from right across the street from the main Aronimink entrance, so just give us a call on Steve's cell (listed on that invite) and we'll come to scoop you up.

Cheers,
Kris  8)

archie_struthers

:) :) :)U >:( >:( >:(

Thank you so much for the invite !  Although I don't believe I can attend the Gala, the idea is great and very much appreciated!

mark chalfant

Kris,

thanks to you and Steve for hosting this. Im not sure that I can make it. Howeever I would recommend it to all. Great FOOD, Great company, and GREAT cause,  PLATT CADDY scholarship. A  very nice gathering !

Sam Morrow

Very cool event, I was out at Aronimink on Wednesday and the course is looking great and the area around the club is one of the prettiest areas I think I have ever seen.

John Shimony

I hope it's not to late to RSVP.  Kris, it would be a pleasure seeing you again, I was your playing partner out a Merion West a few months ago.  I'll RSVP to the email you listed as well. 
John Shimony
Philadelphia, PA

Joe Bausch

I'll be there Saturday, and maybe even Friday.

Right now the long range weather forecast looks decent, albeit hot as usual for early July in the Delaware Valley.

Weather Conditions at 09:54 AM EDT on 28 Jun 2011 for Philadelphia, PA.
Temp(F)    Humidity(%)    Wind(mph)    Pressure(in)    Weather
========================================================================
  82          62%         ESE at 6       29.91      Mostly Cloudy

Forecast for Philadelphia, PA
924 am EDT Tue Jun 28 2011

.Today...Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall and frequent
lightning this morning. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty
winds...small hail...heavy rainfall and frequent lightning. Hot
with highs around 90. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain
50 percent.
.Tonight...Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely...
mainly in the evening. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty
winds...small hail...heavy rainfall and frequent lightning in the
evening. Lows around 70. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain
60 percent.
.Wednesday...Mostly sunny. Less humid with highs in the mid 80s.
Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
.Wednesday night...Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Northwest
winds 10 to 15 mph.
.Thursday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Northwest winds 5 to
10 mph.
.Thursday night...Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s.
.Friday...Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s.
.Friday night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.
.Saturday...Partly sunny. Hot with highs in the lower 90s.
.Saturday night...Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and
thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
.Sunday...Partly sunny with a chance of showers. A chance of
thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hot with highs around 90. Chance
of rain 30 percent.

Kris Shreiner

Aronimink Update

We're all set for a fine weekend of golf and good cheer! All fence-riders are strongly encouraged to take the plunge...you'll come away happy you made the trek.

Stan Zontek, a veteran Agronomist for the USGA, has kindly offered to join us for lunch on Saturday, as he did kast year. A a key man for the Congressional set-up team, he will comment on what went into the preperation and adjustment of the course conditions during the event. Following that, he will open up the discussion for questions.
We are fortunate to have Stan and I highly encourage those of you who wish to make the effort to join the festivites...his candid manner and insights are always illuminating!

Aronimink's consulting architect, Ron Pritchard has also indicated he'll join us. He made both days last year and provided a superb, in-depth overview of the architectural changes that have been made and ongoing refinements that continue on the property. It is rare that one can hear firsthand how a course's evolution has been determined and go right out on the property and watch the best in the world compete and have to contend with that improved presentation. Great stuff.

We will also have the flat screen, under the Big Top, for full coverage of the golf and the Women's World Cup action for the soccer buffs!

See you there!
Kris 8)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back