News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andrew Harris

Golf Academy in Edinburgh
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
Earlier this year we worked on the design and animation for a proposed golf school in Edinburgh, working closely with the golf architect, PGA instructor and the head master of the school where the Academy will be built.

This project is the brainchild of the golf architect and instructor who, like so many, are keen to get more children involved in the game – and they have some rather ambitious plans to make it happen!

The proposed academy is focused around a ‘golf pod’ which features indoor teaching facilities and a practice range with a number of interactive targets for the children to aim at. Besides the golf pod there is also a 6 hole short course, with colour coded tees and greens, and a further practice range with colourful targets.

Here is a short animation showing the project:

http://vimeo.com/hkgolf/clifton-hall-golf-academy

I would love to hear any thoughts you all have about this concept and if you know of any similar projects out there, in particular standalone facilities for helping children to learn and become interested in the game.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

Re: Golf Academy in Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »
http://www.thefirstteelittlerock.org/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

The above site is a first tee facility similar to the one you posted.
What an impressive concept the video shows...I hope it comes to fruition.
The one in Little Rock has been very succesful, the kids love it...some good golfers now starting to emerge from the faclilty as well.

Andrew Harris

Re: Golf Academy in Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:37 PM »
Thanks Michael, how I could have done with a first tee facility like this when I was younger!

The last I heard the project I posted was gearing up for raising investment to get it off the ground and they had a couple of 'big hitters' interested in the concept.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back