News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Martin

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:28:55 PM by Tim Martin »

SL_Solow

Re: Bulldogs Postseason
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:12:43 PM »
Very nice but it is an automatic berth awarded to the Ivy League Champions.  None of the Ivies give athletic scholarships.  I fear they will be overmatched in their quest to advance to the finals.

Tim Martin

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »
Very nice but it is an automatic berth awarded to the Ivy League Champions.  None of the Ivies give athletic scholarships.  I fear they will be overmatched in their quest to advance to the finals.

You are correct. Just putting it out there as I am a fan and will change the post so as not to give the wrong impression. Thanks.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
No, change it back -- dem dawgs gonna choke those chickens (hokies)!

Colin Sheehan

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03:31 AM »
In spite of the results, I do want to submit the results of the NCAA Regional at the Pete Dye River Course at Virginia Tech.

http://www.golfstatresults.com//public/leaderboards/team/static/team_players_2608.html

It was quite an experience. Due to heavy rains prior to the tournament, the Pete Dye River Course was "shortened" to 7,450 yards. (I was told the course was once listed at 8,200 yards, but they have since abandoned about eight back tees. Even still, it's currently listed at a length of nearly 7,700 yards.) Undaunted by the challenge, the boys played well, but they will be the first to say their underachieved. Of the six locations for the NCAA regionals, this was the only venue where the winning score was over par. And that's was with three days of ideal weather.

We do take a measure of pride in the fact that Yale team kept pace with many of the other 12 teams in the field, all of which were southern schools that offer athletic scholarships. The team was lead by out-going captain Tom McCarthy with rounds of 75-73-73 (five over par total), placing him tied for 17th.

There's no question the facility was impressive and the river and local scenery splendid. I personally didn't see much variety in the shapes, sizes or contours in the greens.

Sean_A

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:26:51 AM »
Nevermind Bulldog breakdowns.  What is going on with the Big 10 qualifying five schools for the championships?  UM winning their region over Wake Forest and Stanford?  What about the Colorado Golf Club's tally of the qualifying schools -67?????  I don't follow golf as a rule.  Has there been a shift in college golf talent or is this just an odd year?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back