News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

Re: Is Sassafras the way forward?
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
Ran:

This looks like it could be one awesome golf club with a really good low-key design

What is low key about this? I have heard that description used before and I never really understood the meaning.

This does not look low key whatsoever to me. It reminds me of Cherokee Plantation at first glance. I am guessing 250K to join and $20k/ year (at least). Is that low key?

I meant what I wrote: a "low-key" design. That's based on the pictures of the property and C&C's track record on similar land. As for the club culture or its costs I would have no idea.
H.P.S.

Eric Smith

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »
Reading of the new Coore Crenshaw project in Virginia, I am reminded of this one. Is Sassafras still a go?

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 07:45:39 PM »
Sassafras has been rechristened "Sufferin' Succotash." Lispy "th" sounds are optional, as is saliva.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Stephen Northrup

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 05:07:51 PM »

J Sadowsky

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »
I had heard a rumor a year ago that an experienced golf developer had acquired this propery for a very low price.

Anybody else hearing any rumors?
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »
I did a search on this and learned the property was sold to Philadelphia developer Brian O'Neil who has approvals as of this time last year to turn it into a rehab facility.  So much for a Coore and Crenshaw design.

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_72eaab76-170e-57f8-9a2f-0b21eb85a03d.html
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »
Someone just wasted $3.5 million:

Finally, a man from the investment firm bid $4 million. No others outbid, which led to the trustees and interested parties to have a brief, private meeting.
   When they returned, Schwartzman said he was instructed to sell the property, so he asked if there were other bidders.
   Again, the investment firm made the only bid — this time it was for $7.5 million.
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Jonathan Mallard

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 07:58:47 PM »
Someone just wasted $3.5 million:

Finally, a man from the investment firm bid $4 million. No others outbid, which led to the trustees and interested parties to have a brief, private meeting.
   When they returned, Schwartzman said he was instructed to sell the property, so he asked if there were other bidders.
   Again, the investment firm made the only bid — this time it was for $7.5 million.

Source?

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 03:43:50 AM »
Uh... I quoted it, didn't I? 7.5 - 4 == 3.5

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back