News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Malcolm Mckinnon

Flogton
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:22:47 AM »

jeffwarne

Re: Flogton
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
Great idea.
Then the longer hitters can hit it 490 and we can expand the size of the playing field further.

Do they really need a "movement" to just go enjoy golf in their own silly way?
no problems with them playing whatever game they want, however they want.
Just don't cloak it as a way to promote(or save) golf.

Golf doesn't appeal to everyone-I'm OK with that.
For that brief period when it did in the late 90's, golf was not a better place.......

an absolute joke
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tim Martin

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »
I am all for growing the game but the idea of whipping out a can of PAM on every tee to coat your driver seems absurd. Throwing the ball out of the bunker-more absurd. As Jeff said these guys should just do what they do without feeling the need to start a movement.

Steve Kline

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:29:55 AM »
In related news, family members are mourning the passing of Melvyn Hunter Morrow. Mr. Morrow died as a results of a heart attack upon reading the above article.  :)

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
Ok,

so instead of using hairspray to hit the ball further, why don't you just move your ass up a tee or 2?

I'm all for making the game more exciting....  but this stuff is just silly.... Throwing your ball out of the bunker...... yea, when I can't get out in 2 or 3 shots I throw my ball out, because I had enough.....

Its called match play, try it and you will have a lot more fun. And the people who want to count their strokes can keep doing so as long as their heart desires....

THIS MAKES ZERO SENSE, and people can stop writing articles about flogdiputs now!

Heres an idea, Night golf in Scottsdale Arizona, with plenty of booze and girls to around, nobody wants to play in the summer at noon when its 115. Have music, piped in,  happy hour, get big tv's and show football, basketball, and baseball games so people stick around and spend money after their round....

No need to bastardize the game. Just loosen up the clubhouse atmosphere,  that would be a good start.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 12:07:02 PM »
Ok,

so instead of using hairspray to hit the ball further, why don't you just move your ass up a tee or 2?

It's PAM not hairspray. Hairspray would make the game harder. I believe the added distance they are getting comes from not hitting a slice. The PAM removed the sidespin so they can muscle the ball out there 290 yards without it going 50 yards off line and falling 70 yards short.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

John_Conley

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:08:59 PM »
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the posts from this crowd have been negative.  How about giving a little credit for these guys at least recognizing that without golf courses there can be no golf?

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
Ok,

It's PAM not hairspray. Hairspray would make the game harder. I believe the added distance they are getting comes from not hitting a slice. The PAM removed the sidespin so they can muscle the ball out there 290 yards without it going 50 yards off line and falling 70 yards short.

OK, spray on sun block.

Good point John, and without flag sticks then you wouldn't be able to see the pin...... so..... if you made the flags really really big, then the game would be easier?

and more fun?

New rule of Flogton.... Must have a golf course and really really really big flags.  Anyone object?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back