News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George_Bahto

A "modest" home overlooking NGLA
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »
just went up for sale - Charlie Macdonald's Ballyshear in Southampton

The property just hit the market for $22.5 million. It was originally built back in 1910 by F. Burrall Hoffman for a golf course designer.
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Peter Galea

Keith OHalloran

Re: A "modest" home overlooking NGLA
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »
George,
It is interesting that you have posted this. As you know, things like this often generate rumors, and I have heard one. There is a local dentist, and his son is graduating high school this year. The son recently got a hole in one on the second hole from the back tees. It is the rumor that the Dentist plans on purchasing this home as a graduation gift to his son, so that his son can overlook the scene of his accomplishment. Very thoughtful and generous.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
I had a hole in one last weekend.  Fingers crossed my parents are looking at the house too.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Jason Baran

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »
A dentist is going to purchase a $22.5mm home?  I don't pretend to be an expert on the economics of the dentistry profession, but that doesn't seem plausible to me.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
George,
It is interesting that you have posted this. As you know, things like this often generate rumors, and I have heard one. There is a local dentist, and his son is graduating high school this year. The son recently got a hole in one on the second hole from the back tees. It is the rumor that the Dentist plans on purchasing this home as a graduation gift to his son, so that his son can overlook the scene of his accomplishment. Very thoughtful and generous.

I've had four holes in one and I can confidently say that my dad never thought about buying me a house at Olympia Fields or Flossmoor so I could look at the scenes of my luck.  That rumor never got started...
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

C. Squier

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:50:21 PM by Clint Squier »

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
Mark,
Was your hole in one on a par 4 on NGLA? If so, maybe you will get a house! Either way, congrats, I haven't even gotten a hole in one on a par 3 course.

As for a dentist affording the home, you should see what the aristocrats out here pay for white teeth!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »

A dentist is going to purchase a $22.5mm home?  I don't pretend to be an expert on the economics of the dentistry profession, but that doesn't seem plausible to me.

Jason,

He's a golf hustler who plays for big stakes.

Dentistry is just a hobby with him.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 10:54:17 PM »
Mark,
Was your hole in one on a par 4 on NGLA? If so, maybe you will get a house! Either way, congrats, I haven't even gotten a hole in one on a par 3 course.

As for a dentist affording the home, you should see what the aristocrats out here pay for white teeth!

Thank you for the congratulations Kieth!  The perfect shot was not struck at National Golf Links though.  Maybe someday! 

I was playing at a public track that I used to work at growing up (and played a thousand times).  Very fitting for my first ace!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Brad LeClair

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »
As a Pediatric Dentsit myself...I can assure you if a dentist is buying that house he must be selling something out of his back door ;)...or...be independently wealthy....the economics of the profession do not allow for sure puirchases..more the pity ;D

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re: A "modest" home overlooking NGLA New
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »
Yes but this is no ordinary dentist. He is a man of great passion who loves all things having to do with golf architecture.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:21:30 AM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back