News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dean Stokes

Dubai this week
« on: February 08, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »
The course looks fine (that is my architecture input to keep this "on topic!)...........I think Kaymer and Westwood finish above Woods and one of them wins this week.....any thoughts?
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Dean Stokes

Re: Dubai this week
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
All 3 of them play together in rounds 1 and 2. Fascinating. Westwood and Woods don't seem to be in form so I'm going for Kaymer - but then Tiger does "own" the Emirates and Westwood lost in a playoff last year...impossible to even make a vaguely accurate stab at this one. Would love Tiger to blow the field away though...
Tiger "owned" a lot of places Brian....not right now though....we know he's over there for the money....the travel on a G5 will probably have worn him out!!!! I don't see it this week for him unless it is a wide open course and I dont know that.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
Considering the European Tours tougher stance on players tantrums lately, will Mr. Woods behaviour be under more scrutiny this week ?

The European Tour is set to fine Henrik Stenson and Miguel Angel Jimenez over recent club-throwing incidents.
Spaniard Jimenez looks set to be penalised after he threw his putter in a bout of frustration during last week's Volvo Champions event in Bahrain.
The four-times Ryder Cup player snapped the head off the putter but then birdied three of his closing six holes on day two of the event using a wedge.
Swede Stenson hurled a wedge back over his head into a water hazard after taking a 9 at his final hole during Friday's Qatar Masters second round.
A tournament official said they would look at footage of the incidents and expected both Jimenez and Stenson to be fined for "conduct unbecoming a professional".

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:49:18 PM by Brian_Ewen »

Dean Stokes

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:07:42 PM »
Can the tour fine a "non member"?! why wont my emoticons work?

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 05:53:10 AM »
Well if there is no fines for spitting, there f*ckin should be !
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:56:45 AM by Brian_Ewen »

JNC Lyon

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »
I guess I am not sure why the Pebble Beach tournament is getting all the attention.  The best players in the world were at Dubai this week.  The tournament was excellent, with guys like Westwood, Garcia, and McIlroy making runs early in the weekend before fading away.  The winner Alvaro Quiros, one of the pro game's longest hitters, played a wild final round that included an eagle 2 at the par four second, a triple at the 8th, and a hole-in-one at the 11th!  All this at a golf course in a highly unique desert-urban setting.  The glitz and glamour this week was at Pebble, but the real golf was at Dubai.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

William_G

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 03:46:17 PM »
I guess I am not sure why the Pebble Beach tournament is getting all the attention.

Of course, because its Pebble, and it grows the game with the weather they had this week. Hope Bill Murray wins, LOL.
It's all about the golf!

JNC Lyon

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:04:23 PM »
I guess I am not sure why the Pebble Beach tournament is getting all the attention.

Of course, because its Pebble, and it grows the game with the weather they had this week. Hope Bill Murray wins, LOL.

Even if it does grow the game, do you think it grows the game in the right way?  Belichek and Herman Edwards were both playing yesterday in cut-off hoodies.  Is there any class left? If I'm playing in a PGA Tour event at one of the greatest courses in the world, I am not going to wear a hoodie.  They are setting a poor example for everybody by wearing an outfit that belongs at Burger King and college dorm rooms.

I actually like Bill Murray, but I think he's one of the last remnants of the old era, when they still played at Cypress Point and the comedians had some class.  The tournament I saw yesterday was, as others here have put it, a circus.

jeffwarne

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »

Even if it does grow the game, do you think it grows the game in the right way?  Belichek and Herman Edwards were both playing yesterday in cut-off hoodies.  Is there any class left? If I'm playing in a PGA Tour event at one of the greatest courses in the world, I am not going to wear a hoodie.  They are setting a poor example for everybody by wearing an outfit that belongs at Burger King and college dorm rooms.

I actually like Bill Murray, but I think he's one of the last remnants of the old era, when they still played at Cypress Point and the comedians had some class.  The tournament I saw yesterday was, as others here have put it, a circus.

JNC,
I'm assuming you saw Murray's outfit yesterday?

Congrats to Murray and DA Points.
I do like watching on Sunday-I only caught the last 3 holes today.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 07:31:02 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »

JNC Lyon

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 07:26:06 PM »
Well if there is no fines for spitting, there f*ckin should be !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ZR2fXGMVg

I'm guessing he'll get fined for that, but it won't even put a dent in his appearance fee for that tournament.  He thinks he can do anything he wants, which is true of course.  Officials are too afraid of upsetting the golden goose.

I'm glad he did this in a European Tour event too, because the announcers there were much more critical than Jim Nantz or Dan Hicks would have been.

JNC Lyon

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 07:32:08 PM »

Even if it does grow the game, do you think it grows the game in the right way?  Belichek and Herman Edwards were both playing yesterday in cut-off hoodies.  Is there any class left? If I'm playing in a PGA Tour event at one of the greatest courses in the world, I am not going to wear a hoodie.  They are setting a poor example for everybody by wearing an outfit that belongs at Burger King and college dorm rooms.

I actually like Bill Murray, but I think he's one of the last remnants of the old era, when they still played at Cypress Point and the comedians had some class.  The tournament I saw yesterday was, as others here have put it, a circus.

JNC,
I'm assuming you say Murray's outfit yesterday?

Congrats to Murray and DA Points.
I do like watching on Sunday-I only caught the last 3 holes today.

I did.  He's goofy, no doubt, but he's not over the line ever.  The hat didn't bother me at all in comparison to those hoodies!  I think he's a serious golfer who has a tremendous respect for the tournament at Pebble.  Clearly he kept his fellow Illinoisan Points loose during the final round today.  Congrats to them both.

William_G

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 11:54:24 PM »

Hey JNC,

I also think its a little bit that I love the bull more than the matador. The matadors are just sucking the life out of the PGA tour, bring on the bull!
It's all about the golf!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back