News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Ferlicca

Emirates Golf Club
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »
I enjoy watching the golf tournaments that take place in the Middle East; they are all modern designs that look very different.  Emirates Golf Club seems to be the most classic of them all, and incorporates A LOT of sharp doglegs.

First, for the ones that have played their, is it a pretty good golf course?  It looks like a fun course that demands curving of the golf ball.

Second, I LOVE seeing the approach shots with those HUGE high rise buildings in the background.  Are there any other courses in the World that provide those kinds of shots?  The only course that comes to mind is Bayonne, but from the pictures I have seen of those, the buildings are much farther away, so they don’t seem as gigantic as they do at Emirates Golf Club.  

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:07:33 PM by PFerlicca »

Brian Stewart

Re: Emirates Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:54:36 AM »
The only other course that I can come up with that has those type of views is the Serapong course on Sentosa Island in Singapore.  The views don't exist on the whole course but there are a few holes on the front 9 that have the views (specifically 3-7).  If you ever play there you can look back on holes 14 and 15 and see a big lion head statue as well.  I haven't played their other course but it may have more views of the city. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back