News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

Re: Scottish Open moves to Castle Stuart & Renaissance Club
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 02:52:54 PM »
Excellent news. Looking forward to how they set up the course. If I'm still up here when its played I'll be going. Anyone else planning to go to the tournament ?

Niall

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »
I,ll definitely go Niall.

Jon

Simon Holt

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 08:12:04 AM »
It should be a fantastic event up there- they have a great bunch of guys behind it all so I am sure it will be nothing but a success.  I have had a few PMs about Renaissance and all I can say is that nothing has been decided past 2011.  We were very flattered to be asked but now we know for sure it is at CS this year we can crack on with the clubhouse etc.

Exciting times!

Hopefully see some of you at the PGA show this week.  My flight gets in Wednesday afternoon so will be around until Monday if any of you fancy catching up.  Best way to contact me is by email.

Cheers,
S
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

Niall C

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
Jon

I've got to think that David Tepper and Stan Dodds will be going through and perhaps a few other from up north east way. It would be good to arrange to meet up. Something to organise nearer the time.

Niall

David_Tepper

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
Niall C. -

Nice article about the event and its impact on the Highlands in today's Press & Journal:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2104305

I will be in Dornoch May 7 to June 3 and will not return till late August, so I will have to watch the tournament on TV from San Francisco.
Stan D. is planning again to reside in Dornoch from early April till late September. 

DT

Stan Dodd

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »
I will be there .  Maybe some early golf at Jon's place and spectate after.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
Hi Niall, David and Stan,

golf at mine and then going to see how it can be done sounds good to me. JCS, how will you be fixed?

Jon

John Chilver-Stainer

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
Jon,

there wouldn't be many things that would stop me from coming - apart from, that is, constructing a golf course which I hope to be doing at that time !!!!

Have fun
John

Niall C

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »
Hi Niall, David and Stan,

golf at mine and then going to see how it can be done sounds good to me. JCS, how will you be fixed?

Jon

sounds good. Lets get somehting organised nearer the time.

Niall

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/golf-news/2011/02/11/scottish-open-venue-switch-to-castle-stuart-baffles-tiger-woods-86908-22915019/

Scottish Open venue switch to Castle Stuart baffles Tiger Woods
Feb 11 2011 By Bernie McGuire

MOVING the Scottish Open to a links venue has failed to catch the attention of Tiger Woods.

Asked yesterday if he would be competing at Castle Stuart in July, the former world No.1 admitted he wasn't aware of the course.

Speaking after eagling the 18th for a one-under 71 on the first day of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic, Woods said: "What's Castle Stuart?

"I haven't even heard about the course, and whether or not the Scottish Open is on my schedule, I don't know yet, sorry."

JNC Lyon

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/golf-news/2011/02/11/scottish-open-venue-switch-to-castle-stuart-baffles-tiger-woods-86908-22915019/

Scottish Open venue switch to Castle Stuart baffles Tiger Woods
Feb 11 2011 By Bernie McGuire

MOVING the Scottish Open to a links venue has failed to catch the attention of Tiger Woods.

Asked yesterday if he would be competing at Castle Stuart in July, the former world No.1 admitted he wasn't aware of the course.

Speaking after eagling the 18th for a one-under 71 on the first day of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic, Woods said: "What's Castle Stuart?

"I haven't even heard about the course, and whether or not the Scottish Open is on my schedule, I don't know yet, sorry."

Tiger is apparently a golf course architect trying to launch new projects around the world, yet he knows nothing about the most critically acclaimed golf course built in the UK in the last couple of years.  The more I hear from Tiger now, the less I like him.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

David_Tepper

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2011, 08:44:33 PM »
"Tiger is apparently a golf course architect trying to launch new projects around the world, yet he knows nothing about the most critically acclaimed golf course built in the UK in the last couple of years.  The more I hear from Tiger now, the less I like him."

John Lyon -

In case you had forgotten, Tiger has had a few more important things on his mind over the past 12-15 months than keeping tabs on what golf courses have opened around the world! (winking, smiling face if I knew how to post one!)  

My guess is the majority of the "celebrity pros" fronting GCA-shops (Nicklaus, Palmer, Player, Faldo, Kite, etc.) know little if anything about Castle Stuart either.

If you recall, someone posted here that Jack Nicklaus was asked what he thought about Sand Hills, which he surely must have visited given all the time he spent at Dismal River, given how widely acclaimed Sand Hills was as one of the best new courses built in the U.S. in the past and given how close Dismal River is to Sand Hills. Nicklaus responded that he was pretty busy and could not manage the time to go see Sand Hills. If he really cared, don't you think he would have made the time?

Heck, I doubt Tiger even knows who Melvyn Hunter Murrow is, which is truly remarkable given MHM's sterling "golfing pedigree!"

DT      
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:47:28 PM by David_Tepper »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back