News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Re: Topp's Travels 2011 - Updated in Post 220 - Cabo Coda
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2012, 07:07:34 AM »
Jason,
         From firsthand experience in Cabo, in 2002, I can tell you that the price of said mount of the marlin will most likely increase at least once before it arrives. Delayed. 
         Mine, my first marlin, arrived in a large wooden crate left outside my garage in a rain or snowstrorm by the carrier. Don't think it was UPS or FedEx as the crate was so large, I believe it was a (tractor trailer) freight carrier. Nonetheless, I have it in my office proudly displayed. However, since then, catch and release. But congrats, it was an amazing experience for me.

Did the crate say "FRAGILE" on the side?  Must have been a "major award" from Italy!  8)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2012, 10:48:36 AM »
Jason, Here is what you can expect. It is big.
          Turned out great. Best part was taking the filets to Nik-San's. We ate for 2 nights.
           They quoted me $xx when I paid the deposit dockside. I got a letter later saying it was now $xx + y. If you declined at this point, you lost your deposit. No refund. But that was 2002. It was a lot of fun on the boat reeling it in.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »
Well done Mr. Topp!  Nice looking boy.  I sure hope my son doesn't see this thread.  For years I've been preaching how lucky he is for the experiences he's been exposed to.  In comparison, the one-pound mingos off Destin or the 10" brook trouts in Yellowstone he landed would seem pitiful.  We did enjoy eating the mess of mingos we caught on that trip.  Lots of fun and great memories.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
How about turning it into a hood ornament?  Maybe a bit large and gaudy, but definitely attention grabbing.

Lou,
I think you & Jason both have the right idea about experiences.  Lucky kids.

Dan Kelly

Re: Topp's Travels 2011 - Updated in Post 191 - Cabo Coda
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:48 PM »

The real trophy is that lug in the background. Nice work, Dad.

Perhaps I should add: Well caught, Mrs. T!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:48:52 PM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

RJ_Daley

« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day flying from Minneapolis to Phoenix to Salt Lake City to Atlanta to Cabo San Lucas.

Didn't Chevy Chase make a holiday comedy movie similar to that plot!!!

I hope I can make the elite 116 next year.  It wasn't in the cards this year.  It would be cool to pick you up on the way to Nebraska next fall!

I've got a hunch I'll be seeing you sooner, check you IM. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back