News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Re: 2014-15 Winter Tour: WORPLESDON GC
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 11:40:35 PM »
Thank you for sharing, Sean. Few things make me miss England as much as beautiful pictures of Worplesdon in winter.

Sean_A

Re: 2014-15 Winter Tour: WORPLESDON GC
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »
Boony

I think you are right.  If one had to say if Worpy was parkland or heathland I think parkland would have to be the answer.  The back nine has a bit more roughness around the edges, but its still very gentrified. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Sean_A

Re: Wondrous WORPLESDON GC
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »
I am still getting to know Worpy, but what a pleasure.  Each time I play the course it rises a bit in my estimation.  There are so many very good holes that in a way its a shame Worpy is saddled with the 3 Ws label....the course deserves its own identity.  See the updated tour on page 1.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Thomas Dai

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »
Looks like you had a good day. Course appears pretty terrific. Cracking angles and bunkering in many places. Would I be correct in that it is reasonably open in comparison to so many courses where the trees and scrub have been allowed to become excessive?
Atb

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 01:10:08 PM »
I agree with your comments about the 1st Sean. One of the most inviting openers I've played.

There's also a little stretch across the road that transports me a litte to the Melbourne Sandbelt.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Sean_A

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 04:44:45 AM »
atb

The trees are a bit more obtrusive than I would like, but its not bad because the fairways are fairly generous so trees can be avoided. I must say the rough was incredibly brutal...some of the worst I have ever seen.  I guess London has had a fair amount of rain just as we have this summer of no summer.  Its like Groundhog Day with the same day repeating over and over...its quite depressing  :'(

Mark

The four holes over the road are lovely...I think two are All England candidates, 13 & 14.  I would also add 17 as a candidate.  The back nine is of an extremely high standard.

Ciao

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2016, 05:33:48 PM »
Sean sorry I couldn't join you on Friday, it was hard enough dropping out of a day at Swinley Forest before you even called!

I've never seen anyone get close to the 8th. The 10th is a far better hole now all the bushes have been cleared out down the right of the green and replaced with a small ditch.

We hosted some Royal Melbourne guys at Worplesdon a couple of weeks ago and the rough was a shocker. Unfortunately the spring/early summer in the south east has been warm and wet, several storms have dumped loads of water and everywhere is very green. The three Kent Open links all have extra nasty rough this year, hopefully it will dry out by Deal Week.
Cave Nil Vino

Sean_A

Re: Wondrous WORPLESDON GC New
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »
Chappers

I was in the right greenside bunker on 8!

I agree about 10...don't know if it plays any better, but it looks better.

I saw a greenkeeper hacking down rough on the mower and leaving the cut stuff behind!  If it was hard to find a ball in the stand up hay it will be crazy hard in the laydown hay  :-*   How in the heck did the club ever let the rough get THAT long? 

Ciao
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:05:38 PM by Sean_A »

Sam Krume

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 04:13:10 AM »
played the wonderful Worplesdon this past Monday. First time back in about 2 years. What a fabulous golf course this is. The back 9 as has been said many times is really really good with the 12th being the standout hole for me. A great second shot hole with that all too inviting front right bunker. I do feel the front 9 gets lesser praise but IMO there are really good holes that make you think that little bit more...how much to I try and take of the corner with the drive on 5?, how tight do I take it down the left on 8?  I just loved it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back