News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Studer

Re: Dangerous par 3 holes
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 11:03:58 AM »
The "Calamity Corner 14th"(210 yards uphill) at Royal Portush was dangerous for me.  It is easy to bail out to the left of the putting green to miss the lurking abyss to the right. First try, I challenged the danger and lost .  2nd time hit a running 3 iron safely to the left and saved par.....maybe best not test the abyss? Loblolly Pines in hobe sound Fla has their version with the uphill 16th. It may be even more dangerous, as the "safe"left bail out puts you in the rough 30 feet below the green.
The First Tee:Golf Lessons/Life Lessons

Sam Andrews

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
5th Royal Worlington, don't go left, right, long or too short
He's the hairy handed gent, who ran amok in Kent.

Jud_T

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »
Let's not forget the 9th at Kingsley as well.  I once saw a stubborn 7 hdcp walk off with a 13.  Any other courses with 2 short (ish) par 3s on one 9 that are both potential card-wreckers?  I disagree that the potential for medal play disaster is necessarily in-and-of-itself a bad thing.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

David_Tepper

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:12 PM »
"Any other courses with 2 short (ish) par 3s on one 9 that are both potential card-wreckers?"

Jud T. -

You could certainly add #6 at Royal Dornoch to #2 as "card-wreckers." #6 is another narrow green with a very steep drop-off on one side and 3 pot bunkers up against the other side of the green. A big number is very easy to come by there as well.

DT

Sean_A

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 04:35:28 AM »
Any other courses with 2 short (ish) par 3s on one 9 that are both potential card-wreckers?  I disagree that the potential for medal play disaster is necessarily in-and-of-itself a bad thing.

As TOC is often the best answer for golf questions,so too is Painswick where par 3s are concerned.  I don't know of a course with a better set!  The 5th is about the most monster hole imagineable for a 114 yarder....seemingly as high as it is long.  The 7th is a bit longer at 150ish yards, but anything not in line with the green is in trouble.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back