News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Re: The Yin and Yang of a Golf Course Architect
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »
Michael:

I agree with Ian re: fashion, though of course I am only speculating as to the parallels I see in my wife's profession as a hand bags and accessories designer. Her m.o., no matter the company she has worked for/with, be it Marc Ecko, Gwen Stefani L.A.M.B., Corso Como, etc has been pretty consistent:

*Look to Europe [she visits/shops markets annually] to spot design trends/inspiration
*Take the best ideas and create new designs
*Build in China

JMEvensky

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 10:08:22 AM »
Jeff - I'd like to imagine that this took place before Bob got his fancy, ivy-league education....

Peter

I always thought it took an Ivy League education to understand Bergman.

BCrosby

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »
Jeff - I'd like to imagine that this took place before Bob got his fancy, ivy-league education....

Peter

You'd be wrong.

JM -

My mother comes from Swedish stock. God bless her, she has always seen the world Through a Glass Darkly. Though I have no idea what Bergman is trying to say in that film or others, I sorta get the vibe. And it's not the vibe you want on a first date.

Bob

JMEvensky

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34:10 AM »

Though I have no idea what Bergman is trying to say in that film or others, I sorta get the vibe. And it's not the vibe you want on a first date.

Bob

Just wanted to quote a classic line--and now we can get back to the original thread.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 11:45:33 AM »
Sorry, Michael. Not so fast, Jeff. I have to add:

Scene. Interior- Art Gallery. A man stares at an attractive woman who is staring at a painting.

Me: That's quite a lovely Jackson Pollock, isn't it?
Woman: Yes, it is.
Me: What does it say to you?
Woman: It restates the negativeness of the universe. The hideous lonely emptiness of existence. Nothingness. The predicament of man forced to live in a barren, godless eternity like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void with nothing but waste, horror, and degradation, forming a useless, bleak straitjacket in a black, absurd cosmos.
Me: What are you doing Saturday night?
Woman: Committing suicide.
Me: (pause) What about Friday night?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:53:01 AM by PPallotta »

BCrosby

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 11:53:36 AM »
Brilliant.

JMEvensky

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »
Peter P,Play it Again Sam or later?

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 11:59:16 AM »
Alas, Bob - like Salieri I have apparently been placed here only to recognize brilliance, not to manifest it myself.  Fate has decreed instead that our Mozart is Woody Allen....

One day when we're having drinks together, I'll share with you my equivalent of "the first date watching the Seventh Seal" bonehead decision of my young life....

Peter

Jeff - good memory. It's Play it Again, Sam.

JMEvensky

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 12:03:02 PM »

One day when we're having drinks together, I'll share with you my equivalent of "the first date watching the Seventh Seal" bonehead decision of my young life....

Peter

I'm inviting myself along as the beard.Any first date like Crosby's Seventh Seal story--I gotta hear.

First round is mine.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back