News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: Bahia de Los Suenos Golf & Beach Club Photo Tour- Hole #18 posted
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2011, 06:30:15 AM »
Tim,

The drive is fine, although it's easy to miss the turn off the highway.  I wouldn't recommend it after dark as you're on twisty mountain roads.  It's a long way for a day trip.  Next time I'd spend a week in Cabo, then tack on a weekend here.  Or simply buy a place here while the getting's good. :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:58:37 PM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Greg Tallman

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »
Tim,

The drive is fine, although its easy to miss the turn off the highway.  I wouldn't recommend it after dark as you're on twisty mountain roads.  It's a long way for a day trip.  Next time I'd spend a week in Cabo, then tack on a weekend here.  Or simply buy a place here while the getting's good. :)

Tim,

Shoot me a PM and I would happily give you the skinny on the best way to make the trip and put you in touch with the guys up there for golf and accommodations. 

"easy to miss the turn off the 'highway'" underscores Jud's sense of adventure. I have lived here for nearly a decade and traveled the road any number of times... would not bet you a margarita I would find it without stopping and calling. That said I can put you in touch with the guys up there whom will look after you. Heck if time allows I might even have my arm twisted into an over nighter with a quick 36 on the agenda.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2011, 05:27:21 PM »
Sir Tigerman,

Thank you for giving us a glimpse at The Bay of Dreams. It's amazing how much time goes into such posts.

Your effort is appreciated.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Jud_T

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
My pleasure.  Yes, instead of getting 27 in I basically turned it into a 5 1/2 hour round of taking several hundred pix.  But an interesting learning experience.  In hindsight, I was too enamored of the look of the bunkers and didn't get enough green contours.  Also it would have been smart to take some notes and hit a couple of balls from various spots (it wasn't like I was holding anyone up).  But that probably would have required an overnight stay...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Carl Rogers

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »
Tom,
You have made a few small comments about the course, but I think the bigger unanswered question(s) is how would you evaluate your & the team's effort here.  I know the front nine got re-routed about twice.

Did you get a course close to your vision?  Did you get enough out of the terrain?  Does it take you a while to come a conclusion about these things?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »
Tom,
You have made a few small comments about the course, but I think the bigger unanswered question(s) is how would you evaluate your & the team's effort here.  I know the front nine got re-routed about twice.

Did you get a course close to your vision?  Did you get enough out of the terrain?  Does it take you a while to come a conclusion about these things?

Carl:

It does take a while to come to a conclusion about such things, although one would hope I wouldn't approve holes for irrigation or grassing if I wasn't happy with them.

In the case of the Bay, I have not been back to the project in two years.  They were having financial difficulty and could not pay expenses for us to go back and do the last of the bunker edging, etc., and I have not had any other reason to go to Mexico in recent months.  So, as of today, I still haven't seen half the holes with grass on them, and it's impossible for me to answer your questions.

I'm sure someone will think it's crazy that I haven't gone back yet, but I've been quite busy with other things.  And, to he who casts the first stone, please remember that Dr. MacKenzie never saw any of the following with grass on them:  Royal Melbourne, Crystal Downs, Augusta National.

Jud_T

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »
FYI-

If you'd like to view these pictures and more in large format, they're all posted, along with my Diamante pix, on Golf Architecture Pictures.  A great resource for those who aren't familiar with it:

http://www.golfarchitecturepictures.com/Pages/countries.html

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back