News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Turner

Re: The Art of Designing on a Level Site
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2002, 04:29:05 PM »
Rich

Kilonewcomenhours :D  I like it!

But I feel sorry for old Thomas; he didn't get his due

http://www.newcomen.org/tomnewcomen.htm

Back to golf.

Tom Paul

I've played Worlington and I'm pretty sure the 5th green shown is natural.  You actually play the hole from the right, as you look at the photo, and the green is shaped like vaulting horse.

Worlington does have a couple of ripples/ridges; it's not dead flat like Yeamans Hall appears to be.  And the clever part is the way the architects squeezed so much out of these modest features, using them on several holes from different angles of play (I guess like Seminole).  The course has a great set of greens too: all kinds of contour.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Slag Bandoon

Re: The Art of Designing on a Level Site
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2002, 06:40:31 PM »
 Sorry Tommy, It just sort of shocked me that you had never been across the pond. I had just always assumed it.  Not trying to be a heavy but thought that curiosity might have pushed you over at some time.  I'm not implying in any way that you use the wrong side of your brain, just the analytical (left) side.  You are Don Quixote and I admire your crusade and your gifted prose and observations.  BTW... Albert Einstein's brain was 1/2 pound smaller than the average man's.      
  On Rocanante!  

NorbyNeato@aol.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back