News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Re: Jaunty JCB G&CC
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2023, 11:29:00 PM »
Thanks again Sean and thanks Robin for chiming in!   

Sean_A

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2023, 05:38:34 AM »
Thanks Jason.

All, I added some pix to the tour taken during the Seniors Legends event back in August. There was a mixed bag of weather with it being filthy on the final day. The greens and fairways looked playable to me, but the last day was cancelled due to safety reasons.

A few pix of the event. Ernie on 10, playing the same tees we did! It was a disastrous back nine which cost him the tournament given the final day would be cancelled. Despite the poor play, Ernie seemed fine yucking it up with VJ the next day.

Ciao
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:51:38 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2023, 07:36:21 AM »
Favourite holes, Sean?

Sean_A

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2023, 08:15:49 AM »
Favourite holes, Sean?

Ally

4-6, 9-11, 14 & 17. Wonderful set of 3s. Unusually for me, I like the set of 5s.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2023, 09:19:10 AM »
Favourite holes, Sean?

Ally

4-6, 9-11, 14 & 17. Wonderful set of 3s. Unusually for me, I like the set of 5s.

Ciao

Agreed on the 3’s, the 5th being my favourite of a really strong bunch with the 9th just picture perfect.

The 5’s have loads going on which is great to see: Despite 13 being entirely manufactured with a significant water feature, it may well be my favourite, closely followed by 10.

Sean_A

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2023, 03:33:03 AM »
Favourite holes, Sean?

Ally

Ciao

Agreed on the 3’s, the 5th being my favourite of a really strong bunch with the 9th just picture perfect.

The 5’s have loads going on which is great to see: Despite 13 being entirely manufactured with a significant water feature, it may well be my favourite, closely followed by 10.

I don't have a good sense of the 13th as we played a tee making the hole straight. Given the blind tee shot, can the water be reached from the normal tee?

Ciao

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2023, 05:30:59 AM »
Possibly...if you are a bomber and are playing off the forward tees.

From the furthest forward possible tee off position to the closest point of the lake is 233 yards, but it is appreciably uphill and on that line you would have to go over the two oak trees that split the fairway.

If you bomb one down the left fairway from the yellows, the run out is about 280. Off the white tee 315 and back tee 340.

2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Sean_A

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2023, 02:39:21 AM »
Possibly...if you are a bomber and are playing off the forward tees.

From the furthest forward possible tee off position to the closest point of the lake is 233 yards, but it is appreciably uphill and on that line you would have to go over the two oak trees that split the fairway.

If you bomb one down the left fairway from the yellows, the run out is about 280. Off the white tee 315 and back tee 340.

Thanks Doc. Maybe the Legends were playing a forwardish tee because this tee shot seemed problematic for them. I did note on some holes they were nowhere near the back tees.

Ciao

Niall C

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2023, 07:26:02 AM »
It looks as though JCB will be hosting LIV next season in place of the Centurion course. I wonder if Brooks and Bryson will be playing from the forward tees ?

Niall

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2023, 10:06:36 AM »
I'd caught a whiff of this a couple of months ago.

Guess i'll have to figure out how to watch LIV now. Haven't watched a single minute so far.
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Niall C

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2023, 10:28:57 AM »
Won't you be on the first tee beside the announcer letting off the fireworks or whatever they get up to at a LIV event ?

Niall

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2023, 10:39:49 AM »
No...and i won't be part of the flash mob either!

Ben Stephens

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2023, 03:43:24 AM »
No...and i won't be part of the flash mob either!

Thought LIV Golf is now part of PGA Tour and Saudi's merger  ::)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back