News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

All I can remember is that I was traveling. I was quite proud of myself for setting up my flights early in the morning so I could be home in time to watch the back 9. An early start was announced because of impending weather. Then I get stuck on the tarmac in Chicago (I think). Funny how I can't remember where I was traveling from or why. Was my plane stuck on the tarmac because of snow in Chicago that day? How was this only last year when it seems like more than a lifetime ago?

Back on track.

Masters.com came to my rescue and I was able to watch a large amount of the tournament on my phone. From what I recall the plane didn't have WiFi so I didn't miss all that much on my flight from MCO to EVV. Another miracle of our modern times, SirusXM, provided coverage on my drive home. I do not recall if I made it in time to watch the finish of TV. The finish was transcendent enough that it didn't matter.

Where were you?

I made an edit to the title adding Spoiler Alert.   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:44:37 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Erik J. Barzeski

Re: Where were you on the final day of the 2019 Masters?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
At the apartment of one of my former college players, with his wife and three other former college players.

It was tough to imagine that the last time Tiger had won a major they were not even teenagers yet, and the last time he'd won the Masters they were not yet even ten.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Ari Techner

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 09:30:50 AM »
I watched at home with my at the time 9 year old son.  He had heard me talk alot about Tiger and how good he was but had never really seen it himself. It was really special to watch with him. 

Mike Bodo

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 09:36:35 AM »
I skipped going to Church to stay home and watch the final round on my sofa. I felt bad choosing golf over the Lord, but I had to see it live and I'm glad that I did, as it was arguably the most drama-filled back nine in the tournaments history given all of the leaderboard changes, topped only by The Cat's historic win. 
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

John Kavanaugh

I think I was on the plane when the leaders played the 12th. What happened?

note: I added Spoiler Alert to the title of the thread.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »
I skipped going to Church to stay home and watch the final round on my sofa. I felt bad choosing golf over the Lord, but I had to see it live and I'm glad that I did, as it was arguably the most drama-filled back nine in the tournaments history given all of the leaderboard changes, topped only by The Cat's historic win.

Mike there is always a sunrise service. Of course, I always made my assistant do it.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Kalen Braley

Sunday at Augusta with the drama and leaders coming down the back 9 has always been far more holier and spiritual than anything I ever experienced in my church going days...especially last year!!  :D

Adam_Messix

I played Trump Aberdeen and Cruden Bay.  After the rounds I watched the back nine of the tournament on the BBC.  I thoroughly enjoyed Alliss and Azinger on commentary.

Mark Pritchett

I was at the tournament!

Mike Bodo

I played Trump Aberdeen and Cruden Bay.  After the rounds I watched the back nine of the tournament on the BBC.  I thoroughly enjoyed Alliss and Azinger on commentary.
I miss seeing Peter Alliss on U.S. TV during the Open Championship, but am glad to know he is alive and well. What do you across the pond think of Azinger as commentator? I didn't care for him initially, but he's grown on me the past year.
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

James Brown

Behind the 16th green and right next door around the back of the 17th tee!  My first Masters was a good one. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 08:10:03 PM by James Brown »

Pete_Pittock

At home, watching on tape delay.   For today, was that kudzu on the pine trees by 17 tee?  For Rory was it really The Masters, starting on 10? How different is it?

Ira Fishman

I actually remember 1997 more distinctly than 2019 except for one fact: the players who stayed to congratulate Tiger last year, especially those who are Masters Champions.

Ira

jeffwarne

Cut and paste fail-screenshot of me behind Molinari hitting pine cone and tree on 15.
first April not in Augusta since my family moved there in '67
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:29:25 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tony_Muldoon

Shackleford has some nice excerpts of interchanges between Nantz and Tiger broadcast in USA last night.

Did they discuss the strategy for the second (and third) shots on 18? 

CBS commentary said he had 8i, BBC said 'very lofted'. 
Let's make GCA grate again!

Michael Whitaker

Shackleford has some nice excerpts of interchanges between Nantz and Tiger broadcast in USA last night.

Did they discuss the strategy for the second (and third) shots on 18? 

CBS commentary said he had 8i, BBC said 'very lofted'.
Tony - Nantz and Tiger didn’t discuss the strategy of the 18th. Speculation was that Tiger clipped a tree limb on his second shot.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back