GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Devereux Emmet Society

<< < (2/50) > >>

TEPaul:
Keep up the innuendo and the bile, Tom MacWood, it's definitely apparent in the last some years that's about all you're good for on this website and with everyone you communicate with on here!  :(

Tom MacWood:
Mark
A very good and deserving choice. If you haven't already I would recommend talking to the founders of the other societies. It seems to me they have all taken slightly different roads.

Tom MacWood:

--- Quote from: TEPaul on November 20, 2010, 11:03:00 AM ---Keep up the innuendo and the bile, Tom MacWood, it's definitely apparent in the last some years that's about all you're good for on this website and with everyone you communicate with on here!  :(

--- End quote ---

Innuendo? All anyone has to do is plug in 'emmet' and 'gay' into the search engine.

TEPaul:
Well, Tom MacWood if you are still so overwrought about what I and a few other on here said in the past about Devereux Emmet and his "gay" architecture, I hereby state with complete seriousness and confiction that that was only meant to be a JOKE because of that white suit and hat he happened to once wear in that semi-famous photograph of him!

To some of us I suppose it just made him look to be a gay dandy and that seemed genuinely humorous to some of us at the time. Perhaps you just failed to see the humor in that or perhaps you understood that as everyone else did but that you just continue to mention it and use it to perpetuate your agenda of innuendo and bile on here.

The same was true with Morrison and Macdonald's grave but on that too with you even if it was explained about twenty times that it was just mentioned on here as a joke, with you it either goes right in one ear and right out the other or you just continue to use it and mention it to perpetuate your agenda of innuendo and bile on here.

In any case, let's just drop it shall we? Mark Chalfant has a good idea and suggestion here with this thread and there is no reason for you to ruin this thread too with your agenda driven usual innuendo and bile.

Mike Sweeney:
Back on topic.

Clearly St George's has gotten some recent love from a crew of West Coast GCAers, yet many in NY area don't know about it. It seems like the clubs of Emmet and Emmet himself keep a lower profile. I have probably driven by Bonnie Briar a dozen times without thinking about it. Hopefully Mark can bring out some other courses. This is a list from World Golf, is it accurate?

Devereux Emmet
Courses Built

* Belmont Hills Country Club - Private in St Clairsville
    * Blue at Congressional Country Club - Private in Bethesda
    * Blue/Green at Hartford Golf Club - Private in West Hartford
    * Bonnie Briar Country Club - Private in Larchmont
    * Capital Hills at Albany in Albany
    * Dudley Hill Golf Club in Dudley
    * East at Mohawk Golf Club - Private in Schenectady
    * Garden City Golf Club - Private in Garden City
    * Glen Head Country Club - Private in Glen Head
    * Gold at Congressional Country Club - Private in Bethesda