News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bryan Icenhower

Re: Rivermont CC in Atlanta---A True Hidden Gem
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »
Just a shout out to Chris and his work at running the club.

Rivermont was voted the 2013 "Club of the Year" by the Georgia Golf Course Owners Association.

Congrats, Chris!!!

What great news for Rivermont.  Regardless if it ever wins another award or makes any list, I am proud to call it my home club and look forward to every time I can tee it up. Congrats to everyone at the club, especially Chris, Mark, Roger and Matthew. 

Mark Saltzman

BCowan

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for the photo thread, I am only on hole 6 and I am impressed...  It looks like a great gem...

Bryan Icenhower

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »
Frank Kim and I will be playing Rivermont tomorrow, Saturday 4/5 @ 2:21 directly behind Mac if anyone would like to join.  Perhaps some GCAers are in early for Masters, send me a message if interested.

Rob Curtiss

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »
I played with Frank- straight down the middle- Kim this past weekend at SV..great guy

Frank Kim

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »
Bryan hosted me today at Rivermont CC.  What a cool course.  Had a wonderful time.  Got to meet Mac too.  Thanks Bryan. 
Rob, you are too kind.

BHoover

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 01:32:08 AM »
As a lifelong Ohioan, I've had enough of northern winters. If I ever find myself moving to ATL, I'm making a beeline for Rivermont.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:20:45 AM by Brian Hoover »

KBowman

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 01:26:26 AM »
A had the good fortune to play Rivermont twice in the last month or so with my good friend Mike Riley and meet Chris Cupit who was kind enough to let me play there. Mike and Chris have raised the bar for golf in Atlanta. This golf course no doubt would be classified in the "architecturally significant" category. If I lived there this is where I'd want to join. The green complexes are possibly my favorite ever and without question in my top 5. The shaping and bunkering are also a 10 on a scale of 1-10 and the feel of the course makes it seem like one of the great renowned GCA's like Tilly did this course in the 1920's. Maybe the most amazing thing about this course is that it's a master planned housing development but the houses sit back in and are virtually undetectable. It feels more like you're playing golf in a nature preserve. No detail was missed during the renovation of this course. Even the lakes/ponds seem like they were created by Mother Nature and not by man. You can tell Mike camped on this site during construction and worked for a great client that worked collaboratively with him to create a very unique and great golf course. I'm excited to visit Atlanta again soon so I can play it again! I hope the GCA crew who haven't seen it will have an opportunity to play it soon. My bet is they'll like it as much as I did. Kurt

Mac Plumart

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 05:55:24 PM »
Glad you had a good time, Kurt.  Rivermont is so much fun to play day in and day out.  Chris runs the club perfectly.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

KBowman

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 09:23:39 PM »
Mac,

You're right! If I was based in Atlanta that's where I'd want to play. I'd never tire of that course. I loved every green but I was thinking about just the par 3's on the front. Both greens are really cool!

Mike_Young

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2015, 09:49:27 PM »
KBowman- I see you have posted three times....how did some spanker like you get cleared to post?  These GCA guys have no idea who they are dealing with....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

KBowman

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2015, 12:08:26 AM »
I snuck in there under an alias name:)

GLawson

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »
Luckiest par I ever made was on Rivermont's 6th.  Topped it across the water, it skimmed and landed short in the rough.  Chip rode the half pipe to one foot:)  Awesome course!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
Mac,

You're right! If I was based in Atlanta that's where I'd want to play. I'd never tire of that course. I loved every green but I was thinking about just the par 3's on the front. Both greens are really cool!

So are the greens akin to yours at CCSJ?  :o I need to get back up there again. I don't hate them near as much as the average guy. 

Carl Rogers

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »
Could Rivermont be a future Dixie Cup site?
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Chris Cupit

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »
Kurt,

Thanks so much for the kind odds and I am delighted you enjoyed the green complexes so much--Mike did a great job for sure.

I would be happy to host a Dixie Cup and have talked to Eric S. a bit in the past though I must confess this spring has been crazy busy and I have dropped the ball somewhat. Actually I'm at NCAAs right now watching kids hit it 350 and I have been busy with my volunteer golf stuff all year!!  But I am almost done with that stuff for the year :D

The only small problem I have is that we are a private club and we would need to do an event on a Tuesday when we are closed if we get a decent number of golfers.  Obviously I would love to have a large group and there are enough options for golf (and other distractions) to keep everyone busy and happy on the north side of Atlanta.

Whoever is the Dixie Cup "lead" shoot me an IM and we can try and plan something maybe for September??

Thanks again for all the kind words and I would love to get more of you guys down for a fun day(s) of golf.

Chris

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:53 PM »
Kurt,

Thanks so much for the kind odds and I am delighted you enjoyed the green complexes so much--Mike did a great job for sure.

I would be happy to host a Dixie Cup and have talked to Eric S. a bit in the past though I must confess this spring has been crazy busy and I have dropped the ball somewhat. Actually I'm at NCAAs right now watching kids hit it 350 and I have been busy with my volunteer golf stuff all year!!  But I am almost done with that stuff for the year :D

The only small problem I have is that we are a private club and we would need to do an event on a Tuesday when we are closed if we get a decent number of golfers.  Obviously I would love to have a large group and there are enough options for golf (and other distractions) to keep everyone busy and happy on the north side of Atlanta.

Whoever is the Dixie Cup "lead" shoot me an IM and we can try and plan something maybe for September??

Thanks again for all the kind words and I would love to get more of you guys down for a fun day(s) of golf.

Chris

Hi Chris

The 2015 Dixie Cup will be in Chattanooga, but I could not think of a better venue for 2016 than Rivermont.   And I could not think of a better host city than Atlanta!

Plenty of time to plan, I will be in touch with you, if we can make Rivermont the featured venue in 2016, that would be great and for sure we will have a full field.  We all admire what you have done at Rivermont, what a pleasure it would be to bring Dixie Cuppers there in 2016.  Look forward to talking with you further on this!

Eric

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back