News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ulrich Mayring

Re: Buda IX - Open for business
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »
What you can do is calculate a CONGU handicap for yourself by entering the rounds you play in the UK. All you need for that is the course's SSS value, which is readily availabe, and a starting handicap, for which you can use your USGA course handicap. After a couple of rounds in the UK you will have a decent approximisation.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Mark Pearce

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »
Craig/Tony,

I'm in.  So is Conrad.

Cheques to follow.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Craig Disher

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »
Bump.

We're up to 16 confirmed - 18 after the cheques from Mark and Conrad are rec'd. Note that there are now over 24 who have either committed or shown interest. We are limited to 24 slots so be aware that if you're planning on attending there is a possibility that you may be disappointed.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
Drinkin' Joe Buehler and I have shifted our thoughts on non-Buda golf to the weekend after Buda. We, along with Lynn Shackleford, are willing to grovel for weekend games at Deal and/or Rye and Littlestone. We promise to behave ourselves and to buy the first round.

For those who might be interested, a few slots are available on a very nice heathlands course south of London on the Monday after Buda. Please let me know.

Eric Smith

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
Craig,

Glad to see that you received my check.  Also, please put me down for all 3 days + I am hoping to play there around London on the Tuesday before Buda.

Cheers,

Giles Payne

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2011, 03:07:35 AM »
I'm in too - all 3 days - will send you a cheque asap.

Giles

Ben Stephens

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2011, 05:58:41 AM »
Craig,

Cheque in post to Tony Muldoon. Cheers for organising BUDA 2011!

Ben

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »
Deposit cheque on its way to Tony.  I'm in for the first two days only.  Hcp 10.
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Mark Pearce

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2011, 11:47:44 AM »
I'm in for all 5 rounds and some pre- or post- BUDA golf.  Handicap 12.5.  Conrad will play the same golf.  Not sure what his handicap is.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Philip Gawith

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »
Craig - just to confirm that I think I paid my deposit to Tony?
my handicap is 6
I don't think i can make all 3 days so will most likely play Hankley day 1 and Liphook on day 2.
unlikely to play in pre and post golf.
I reckon i will attend for two nights so will book when you have details on this front.

I see that Ran is threatening to turn up! Good for him - will be good to have him attend. I assume he has some golf planned pre/post.

Hope you well, all best, Philip

Craig Disher

« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »
Bi-monthly bump.

We now have 21 confirmed attendees and a few that are interested.  Below the link to the registration list is the society brochure from Hankley Common that provides information on location, club rules, etc.

Eric Smith

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »
Hankley Common looks lovely.

Here is Scott Warren's blog write up of his visit to HC:

http://theglobalgolfer.blogspot.com/2010/05/hankley-common.html

and his thread with photo tour:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,44140.msg960813

This is Philip Gawith's colourful thread with photo tour:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,30891.msg608578

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:38:46 AM by Eric Smith »

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »
Official BUDA hotel now revealed.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get there to check it out, but what’s BUDA without the potential for a Fawlty experience? This offers outstanding value in one of the dearest parts of the UK.  It has a restaurant for Wednesday night and a bar we can all stay up late in.  It’s conveniently located between the two courses.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS.  They will ask you for a small deposit.   Note the rate goes up if you book after the end of May.

From the Hotel.
After speaking with my director we can offer you a twin room with double occupancy in each at a rate of £55 per room. This includes breakfast for both occupants. This is the best rate around, and I don’t believe you would find a better deal in our area as our usual rate is itself good value for money especially for that time of year. And that is £65 including breakfast. A closing date would have to be the end of May .
If you guys are planning on dinner here as well I’ve also arranged a special offer for you at £10.95 for two courses. Our bar is also open from 11am to around 11.30pm most evenings for any socials after.
Regards,
Richard Millington
Sales TeamDevil's Punchbowl Hotel 52 London Road Hindhead, SurreyGU26 6AG
Tel: 01428 606565Fax:01428 605713Web: www.devilspunchbowlhotel.co.uk
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:57:57 PM by Tony_Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Scott Warren

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »
Jesus, at £27.50 per person including brekkie, you'd hardly mind if Basil was manning the front desk!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
Bump see post 2 above.

Please help get the news out as it will be a lot more fun if we can all end up under the same roof.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »
I sent an email to the hotel asking for a single occupancy rate; haven't heard back yet.

Eric Smith

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
Bump see post 2 above.

Please help get the news out as it will be a lot more fun if we can all end up under the same roof.

Hey Tony.

Thanks a bunch for making the group arrangements! I booked my room at the Devil's Punchbowl for Tues - Fri.

Love the logo, btw:

Think I'll ease on back towards Heathrow after golf on Friday, since my flight leaves Saturday morning.

Anyone up for checking out St. George's Hill on Friday afternoon?

Sean_A

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
Eric

I may be keen to join you if there are other things going on for at least the Saturday.  Its not looking like I will make the main event, but I hope to join folks for the post Buda Friday/Saturday/Sunday AM.  I haven't heard much about what is going on. 

Ciao 
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Eric Smith

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
Eric

I may be keen to join you if there are other things going on for at least the Saturday.  Its not looking like I will make the main event, but I hope to join folks for the post Buda Friday/Saturday/Sunday AM.  I haven't heard much about what is going on. 

Ciao 

Sean,

That would be great! I hope my telling you that it is Friday afternoon (not Saturday) that I aim to play SGH, doesn't affect your keenness!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »
Conrad and I booked into match headquarters.  Worth knowing that Richard Millington is the name of Tony's contact, the rate I was first quoted was £79.95 for the room!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2011, 04:23:13 AM »
I'm in for Friday afternoon, whether it be an additional round at Liphook or somewhere else. However, it might be worth considering that St. George's Hill is about a 45 minutes drive from Liphook, whereas the acclaimed(?) Hindhead is just 10 minutes away.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
Bump.  I've been away for a week in beautiful sunny Ireland.

Hopefully Craig see's this and we can clarify the position re Golf at Liphook on the Friday PM.  I have emails from them in the office and I’ll check those too.  I’ve always enjoyed the ‘afters’ round on the last day of BUDA and it should offer the best deal.   Fri night I’m off to a wedding in Scotland, might be more organising to do, but counts me out for more golf.

I get back from my main holiday on the previous Saturday but I could make a trip to Deal on Sunday, if anyone is interested.  Might be time for new thread?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:28:08 AM by Tony_Muldoon »

Eric Smith

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »
Crank up your speakers...

The Magic of Liphook

;D

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »
I won't be needing hotel accommodation, as I live only 10-15 miles away, but will hopefully be around for an evening meal or two.  I'm also interested in pre/post BUDA golf, especially if Hindhead is on the agenda.
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 10:14:22 AM »
Booked at Devils Punchbowl.

Tony, you should contact the hotel and make sure we are all booked at the correct rate. I was quoted something different and I'm not 100% convinced it was corrected. I guess it will be sorted on arrival?
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back