News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andrew Bertram

Re: Rearrange these Golf Courses into your own top 10.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 05:11:48 AM »

Turnberry
Muirfield
Sunningdale
Cruden bay
Royal Birkdale
Carnoustie
Royal Porthcawl
Royal troon
Nairn
Wentworth west

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 05:51:18 AM »
We all have different opinions, I have randomly picked 10 GB & Ire courses and I think it might be interesting to see the varied opinions of how we see the order of subjective greatness, we all have our own ways that elevate what we like and someone elses minusses may not figure so much in our reckonings, so put these courses in order.

Dont include a course from outside of this 10.

Turnberry
Carnoustie
Wentworth (West)
Nairn
Royal Troon
Royal Porthcawl
Muirfield
Sunningdale (Old)
Cruden Bay
Royal Birkdale

I picked those 10 courses randomly from the GolfWorld GB & I list. The correct order according to that list it.
1. Turnberry
2. Muirfield
3. Birkdale
4.Carnoustie
5. Sunningdale
6. Troon
7. Wentworth
8. Nairn
9. Porthcawl
10 Cruden Bay

my idea was to see how far out YOUR opinion would be with the GOLF WORLD ones (which are very respected and do have a good panel)
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:04 AM »

Guys,

Wentworth, well OK but where is Moray Old. The difference is in the way one embraces the game. Moray every time even with the Battle of Britain above at times. Then Troon and No Prestwick, confidence in the lcourse selection is now eating into my enjoyment and perhaps questions the validity of such lists if Birkdale is considered above Machrie.

What are we English Gentlemen ( I thought I would use Englishmen to give my American friends some time off after Ran’s recent cull) or Golfers.  ;) Yet again these lists prove nothing more than a waste of time and effort

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back