News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ed_getka

Re: Dormie Club - Coore & Crenshaw's Best?
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2011, 11:04:05 PM »
Chip,
   I am curious what you like about Bandon Trails that you liked it more than Friars Head? Or I suppose I could say what didn't you like about Friars Head? I know there are things I didn't care for at those courses, but am curious what your reasons are.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:45:42 AM by ed_getka »
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2011, 11:16:10 PM »
I've played these, and rank thusly:

Bandon Trails
Old Sandwich
Dormie Club
Kapalua Plantation
Colorado GC
Cuscowilla
Chechessee Creek
Talking Stick North
Warren Course

All are after only one play, save for KP and the WC, with three each.  I would consider all of those above in the "very good to great" level.  The Warren Course only ends up at the bottom due to some less memorable holes, and I think as you move up the list from there we go from the lower profile courses to those that really hit you over the head with visuals and strategy.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Jim Nugent

« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »
So my guess that people who have played all the C & C courses will put LF at the top.

Above Sand Hills? 

Cory Lewis

« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2011, 04:35:13 AM »
For those who have played a minimum of five (5) C&C courses or more -- how would you place The Dormie Club ?

My two sense having played it recently:

Sand Hills
Friar's Head
Old Sandwich
Dormie
Colorado
Cuscowilla
Hidden Creek
Chechesse Creek
Sugarloaf Mountain
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

jonathan_becker

« Reply #229 on: April 08, 2011, 07:13:10 AM »
LL,

What didn't you like about #13?

Jim Franklin

« Reply #230 on: April 08, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
I will be playing Dormie and #2 in a month. How much credit does C&C get for the redo on their portfolio of courses? I have played #2 before and the pictures make it look like a totally new course. I can't wait to see it.
Mr Hurricane

William_G

« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »
Played Dormie this past Sat. 36 holes.  This was my first CC experience and really enjoyed it.  I would love to hear everyone's opinion on the 13th hole.  To me the hole didn't really fit the rest of the course.  I will say that the course was a joy to play with holes that you could score on and really tough ones to boot.  We played in a pretty steady wind of 20mph so I can say one thing it really kept your attention.  The greens played firm and you could really hit some neat shots with the contours of the greens.

Lawrence

Long hole, into the wind, wide open, slightly uphill approach with a slope left to right onthe fairway and green...505 yards...  driver, driver, chip and putt...

noticed Chip left this hole out of his great pictorial

thanks
It's all about the golf!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back