News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Willie_Dow

Acushnet River Valley Golf Course - Massachusetts
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
For fiscal year ending in June this public course had a profit of $56,875 plus purchase outright of a $44,000 fairway mower this year.

33,948 rounds were played to accumulate $1,471,298 in revenue.

This course opened in 1998, and I believe Brian Silva was the lead architect in this proximity of Titleist's testing range outside of New Bedford.

Having played here several times it tells one why a good layout can be profitable even in times of financial stress.

Randy Thompson

Re: Acushnet River Valley Golf Course - Massachusetts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:22:17 PM »
Got any photos??? :-[

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 12:46:32 PM »
Thinking very seriously of including this course in a wee tour of that area this summer. Anyone have something to add to the dearth of commentary above?

Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Chris DeToro

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »
Acushnet River is an interesting layout.  Conditions are usually ok.  It's not the best course in the area, but it's a perfectly nice round of golf

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 05:09:28 PM »
Have played Acushnet River Valley numerous times.  It is what a muni should be.  Good golf with decent conditions and a reasonable price.  Last time I played, about two years ago, conditions were satisfactory with the exception of the bunkers.

As to the course front 9 parkland, back 9 faux links, farmland.  I prefer the front but am not a huge fan of faux links.  Back just seems a little congested in parts with too many parallel fairways.

Worth a play if in the area, but within an hour or so I would recommend - Waverly Oaks (Plymouth, Ma.), Cnnecticut National (Putnam, Ct), Newport National (Middletown,  RI) or Triggs (Providence, RI)

Nick Campenelli provides a review and pix from his Cognizant Golf website:

http://www.cognizantgolf.com/acushnet-river-valley-golf-course.html

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back