News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Falmouth CC in Maine - PC vs MAC issues are now cleared up
« on: September 08, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
Up front disclosure, DC is a friend of mine and I asked him if I could post these pictures.

David Cummings of DSC Golf Design is the renovation architect and the work is being done "in house" at Harris Golf with Fred Daigle as Head Superintendent and Adam Allen as lead shaper. Much of the finish work is being done by DC.

PS. I originally had some the course and pics mismatched. Now correct.

11th hole

Same angle with a little photoshop added in....

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:03:08 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Mike Sweeney

Falmouth CC in Maine - have it right now - Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »
Bunker and green work #1:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:59:19 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Mike Sweeney

Re: Falmouth CC in Maine - PC vs MAC issues are now cleared up
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:00:42 PM »
The pics should be showing on PC and MAC now.

Sean Leary

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:01:25 PM »
Looks great. Don't know much about the course...

Brian Chapin

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 09:49:46 PM »
those pics are great!!  I grew up less than a mile from FCC. The first few pics are of the par three going down the hill away from the road, no?  I always loved that golf course.... 18 is another great hole.  That is a big improvement from what I remember.

Michael Moore

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 10:37:06 PM »
Falmouth Country Club is a few minutes from my workplace and I have been over about twice a month to stick my nose into this project. After all this time on the discussion board, I am still a construction/agronomy ignoramus, so it has been quite interesting. David Cummings is a talented craftsman and an engaging character.

Although it pains me to say so, shielded as I am by my keyboard the basement walls, Geoff Cornish left behind a great number of flaccid bunkers. They just don't engage the eye. It is truly amazing the effect that deeper, more ragged, and yes, of course, hairier bunkers has on these golf holes.

Several times I have talked to David after a long hot day of shoveling, so I know this work is not easy. And I suppose it ain't cheap. But I am impressed at how quickly you can get in there, dig up a bunker, grow the hair, and have it ready for play.

This bunker style cannot just be dropped onto any course. But it sure looks great here.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back