News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: Benjamin Sims Captain US Air Force deployed to NJ then Iraq
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 12:39:30 AM »
Ben,

Here's to a safe trip home and some great golf next spring.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 12:49:56 AM »
Ben,
Take care in them thar hills. Reasonable deployment though if your bunker play needs honing!

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Steve Salmen

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 08:12:08 AM »
Ben,

Good luck in Iraq.  I appreciate your service to your country.  Come home safe.

Steve

Scott Szabo

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 08:39:26 AM »
Ben,

Rest assured you'll be in our prayers - thanks for your service to our country!

Scott
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

PCCraig

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
Ben:

Well, the good news is that there is no shortage of sandy soil and dunes in Iraq to design some quality holes! :)

Again, thanks for your service and best of luck.
H.P.S.

George_Bahto

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 10:48:59 AM »
Ben - you're welcome to come up to Sleepy Hollow - lunch - golf - tour, whatever

we'll probably be working there as well

itz just across the Hudson River - now with a  great view of the Hudson - elevation changes on the property near 300 ft

George Bahto
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Jay Flemma

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »
Ben, since you are in my neighborhood, call me and we'll go out before you leave.  Thanks for all you and every other soldier and serviceman do to protect our precious freedoms.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Steve Lapper

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
Ben,

As a member of several courses in NJ, I'd welcome the opportunity to have you play at any of them while in the Garden State. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thank you for your service, be safe, and godspeed!

Steve

slapper@me.com

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Garland Bayley

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »
Ben,

Are you planning on making a sortie from Tikrit to Bandon in March? No one is bidding on you slot at KP.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jud_T

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:16 PM »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

John Moore II

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »
Ben,

Are you planning on making a sortie from Tikrit to Bandon in March? No one is bidding on you slot at KP.

{whisper}Garland, thats because he's not playing in the King's Putter. Just look at the player list with handicaps.

Ben-I'd join you if I could. Stay safe.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:25:16 PM by John K. Moore »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
Ben,

{whisper}Garland, thats because he's not playing in the King's Putter. Just look at the player list with handicaps.

Ben-I'd join you if I could. Stay safe.

{Whisper}John, why you blowing the whistle on my scam? Didn't you recognize it for what it was immediately on reading "my best friend, Bill McBride"?

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »
Ben

Just heard the news. I guess our goverment isn't as dumb as I thought . I mean by sending you I guess we don't have to worry to much about them creating any real "aces" to worry about down the line . I am sure your free time will be limited but I would love to throw you a send off so let me know .

Good luck !!!

Brad

PS

I in noooo way vouch for Ron   ;)

BVince

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »
Ben,

I wish you and your family a very blessed deployment.  I see that you are a Zoomie!  I remember fondly the days of patrolling the violent streets of Baghdad and the Anbar Province while communicating to you guys overhead.  It was a comforting feeling to know that such awesome firepower was just a moment away.  Many thanks for your service and the sacrifices that you are making to keep our nation safe.  I am proud of you and the entire group of men and women that serve in the Armed Forces. and the families that support the war efforts.  

I am still awaiting the return of my wife, see has been there for 18 months now and should be getting home in just a few days.  I can not wait for a reunion!

Give me a call or shoot me an email if you are ever in the Dallas area.  It would be a treat to tee it up together.  Best wishes!

Bryon Vincent
AR, CPT (ret.)
USMA c/o 05
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:06:47 PM by Bryon Vincent »
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

Bill Brightly

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
Ben,

I will be away until September 20th, but if you get a day off and are looking to play, I can probably make a phone call and get us on Galloway or Forsgate, which are fairly close to where you will be. And if you feel like driving north, Hackensack is just over an hour. PLEASE CALL, it would be my pleasure to play with you.

Doug Wright

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »
Best of luck on your deployment Ben. We haven't met but rumor has it you "get" Ballyneal (except for maybe the 15th...)  ;) so you must be a good guy.

One of my law partners and a very good friend is heading to Iraq in one week for a one year depoyment. He's early 40s with two kids, joined the reserves in 2002 and is a JAG. He's going to educate the Iraqi judges about the rule of law. I'm thankful for his service to our country, and for yours.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Mike Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 08:26:43 PM »
Ben,

We have also not met, but my thanks for your work and prayers for your safe return.

Mike

Ben Sims

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 12:19:44 PM »
Ben,

I wish you and your family a very blessed deployment.  I see that you are a Zoomie!  I remember fondly the days of patrolling the violent streets of Baghdad and the Anbar Province while communicating to you guys overhead.  It was a comforting feeling to know that such awesome firepower was just a moment away.  Many thanks for your service and the sacrifices that you are making to keep our nation safe.  I am proud of you and the entire group of men and women that serve in the Armed Forces. and the families that support the war efforts.  

I am still awaiting the return of my wife, see has been there for 18 months now and should be getting home in just a few days.  I can not wait for a reunion!

Give me a call or shoot me an email if you are ever in the Dallas area.  It would be a treat to tee it up together.  Best wishes!

Bryon Vincent
AR, CPT (ret.)
USMA c/o 05

Byron,

Definitely gained huge respect for my Army brethren this week.  After qualifying for the M-4 in my IBA (armor), gas mask and kevlar, low crawling through south Texas shooting blanks at imaginary insurgents, flash bangs under our deuce and a half to simulate IED's, and getting tear-gassed  just this morning, I understand--once again--why I prefer being up high rather than down low.  It's an amazing thing that you guys do over there.  Best wishes to your wife.

And to everyone else on the thread, I'm overwhelmed by you guys.  Thanks again, for the kind words.  Now lets move on to golf!!

Jim Colton

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 12:52:51 PM »
Fellow GCAers Matt Schulte, Wyatt Halliday and I have joined forces to help put together some golf for Ben in 2011 upon his return.  At the very least, we're committed to providing him with two experiences that he had to miss out on due to his deployment - a trip to Bandon and a long weekend at Ballyneal.  We'd love to put together something even bigger to show our appreciation for everything he's done and is doing for our country, perhaps with enough support we can make all this and more happen for Ben and his family.

Let me know via PM if you want to help Andy Gray-style towards this cause or can help in other ways.  Even without a direct donation, you can help out by remembering to use the Pay It Forward link in my signature anytime you make a purchase on amazon.  And feel free to add the link to your signature as well. [By the way, the first beneficiary of the P.I.F. link will be coming out to Ballyneal next week.]

Thanks again and God Bless, Ben.

Jud_T

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »
Ben,

I'd be happy to host you at Kingsley if you ever make it up to our neck off the woods. 

Jim,

Given how much crap I buy on Amazon, we should be able to send him on a world tour of the finest courses... ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back