News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jim Nugent

The key question now is what they (who are "they?") evaluate the course at.  From what I read, that was always the issue.  The school district wanted to buy, the course owners were willing to sell, but they couldn't agree on price.  

ETA: IMO government should have to pay considerably more than market when it takes property through eminent domain.  For one thing, 'market value' is not that precise -- in the case Pat Mucci referred to there was something like a 400% difference of opinion about it -- and each sale can change and determine new market values. 

More important, market value implies a functioning market.  Eminent domain is the opposite of that.  It's a forced sale.  If government wants to force its will upon the citizens, and seize their property, it should have to pay extra for that. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:18:13 AM by Jim Nugent »

Mike_Trenham

What do people know about valuation?  My basic understanding is if the owners protest then an appraisal process takes place and the value is the higher of the price in the eminitet domain taking or the appraisal.  Is this correct?
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Steve_ Shaffer

The "people" in this case will ultimately be a jury. They will decide the value after hearing testimony from each sides appraiser. The property owner can also testify as to value.  In the mean time, the case will progress to a Board of View and, if there's no settlement, then to a jury trial.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Joe Bausch

I played there yesterday.  Take a photo tour:

http://xchem.villanova.edu/~bausch/images/albums/MeadowBrook/
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Dan Herrmann

Steve - as always, thanks for the legal info

Steve_ Shaffer

Mike_Trenham

I understand some of the people from Meadowbrook have taken over Patriots Glen in Elkton Maryland which was closed for around a year,  I always liked PG.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back