News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Neil_Crafter

Robert Kroeger - Anyone know him?
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:22:18 PM »
Hi
I'm looking to contact Robert Kroeger, author of The Golf Courses of Tom Morris and other golf books, but I can't find an email address for him. Just wondering if anyone does, could they kindly send me an IM with it please? Thanks. I am looking to ask him about Dalmunzie in Scotland which he credited to Mackenzie in one of his books.
Cheers Neil

Mark Bourgeois

Re: Robert Kroeger - Anyone know him?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
Neil

I have one but from 2008 -- I'll IM.

Mark

Phil McDade

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:07:53 PM »
Neil:

The Dalmunzie thread:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,37447.0.html

See PM for rest...

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 03:19:25 AM »
Thanks all. I've emailed him on a four year old address do hopefully he hasn't changed it. Thanks Mark.

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
Heard back from Robert this morning but he couldn't really help as he has ditched his course notes and couldn't recall the source of his crediting Mac with the design. Disappointing but there you go. Thanks all.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 06:25:47 PM »
Their website seems to suggest same, although it might well be based on R.K. info?

http://www.dalmunzie.com/golf-g.asp

Never played, but think Goodale did once.

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:09:20 PM »
FBD
Have heard that the owners have some evidence that Braid was there, but nothing for Mac. I'm wondering if his 'involvement' is nothing more than wishful thinking on someone's part. Disappointing that Mr Kroeger could not say why he credited it to Mac.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 02:54:57 AM »
Neil

If I were you I'd contact the hotel and ask them for the phone number of the Secretary and/or Captain of the Dalmunzie Golf Club, which is a completely separate entity.  As I think I have mentioned before on this site, the last time I was there coincided with the AGM of DGC and I spoke to several members, who were very proud and enthusiastic about their course.  If anybody knows about the actual provenance of the course, he or she would probably be associated with DGC.

Cheers

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
Hi Rich
Thanks for that. I might ask Niall C as our man on the ground in Scotland to try just that when he gets a wee spare minute :-)

Rich Goodale

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 10:29:30 AM »
Sorry, Neil C. but I'd forgot that you don't have reliable telephone service from Oz to Ox (Scotland).  If you can't reach Niall C., by carrier pigeon gie us a bell as I'm closer to Dalmunzie than Niall C, and can probably get up there in a few months once the Spring snow begins to thaw.  Just in case telephone service does come to Oz in the interim, the hotel's number is +441250885224  ;).

Rich
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Rich Goodale

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »
Hi again, Neil C.

A bit of surfing after a pleasantly claret-soaked lunch unveiled the following:

1.  The golf course is in fact owned by the Dalmunzie Estate and not the hotel.  The DE website has a bit of interesting history and yet inconclusive info on the course (including specualtion on both Mackenzie and Braid).  Check out the website and call them once the Oz-ROW phone links are restored.  http://www.dalmunzieestate.com/golf-course/

2.  The hotel is for sale at £1.75 million (through Christie's).  What a great chance for a GCA.com member to own (the right to play) a Mackenzie course! (or maybe a Braid, or maybe both or neither.....).

Rich
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:21:24 AM by Rich Goodale »
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back