News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

When it was time for my family to move back to the United States, the question was where?

Pinehurst/Southern Pines was a logical choice for several reasons including the hope of meeting up with various golfing hooligans as they made their way through town. Such has been happily the case!

Of course, it has been also fun getting to know the mad keen local golfers in addition to the traveling roustabouts. One such meeting only occurred recently and that was with Frank Giordano.

A retired Professor of English Literature at the University of Houston, Frank since moved to Pinehurst where he still writes for various periodicals and regional papers. Relating to GolfClubAtlas.com, he is also a painter and we are pleased to have added Frank’s work under the Art & Architecture section. Courses that capture his eye are diverse and include some personal favorites such as St. Enodoc, Bandon Trails, Ballyhack, Cabot and Mid Pines.

His painting style differs from the other two painters (Mike Miller and Josh Smith) under Art & Architecture, which only helps make his work a welcome addition. Plus, as someone who can neither write nor paint  :-[ , I have always been fascinated by the few who can (Winston Churchill and William Blake, for instance). Though rare, the art of creating by pen AND brush is not mutually exclusive.

Hope you enjoy this small sampling of Frank’s work.

Cheers,

Tom Culley

Ran,

A great story, and a great talent! The piece of St Enedoc #6 perfectly captures the beauty of the landscape, stunning!
"Play the ball as it lies, play the course as you find it, and if you cannot do either, do what is fair. But to do what is fair, you need to know the Rules of Golf."

Kris Shreiner

Thanks Ran and Frank. Nice range of work and I really like that mood captured in Payne's statue with the swirling snow.

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back