News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Martin Toal

Re: Hankley Common (pics) - more than a pretty face
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
Played Hankley today.

Not difficult to like this course a lot. Very picturesque with a good variety of holes, short and longer, moving up, down or both ways, although I agree the draw is a good shot to have. Greens firmish and true, but not very fast. I think this is a course a decent player with a bit of course knowledge could score well on. Will post some pics later.

Gareth Williams

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
Played Hankley today.

Not difficult to like this course a lot. Very picturesque with a good variety of holes, short and longer, moving up, down or both ways, although I agree the draw is a good shot to have. Greens firmish and true, but not very fast. I think this is a course a decent player with a bit of course knowledge could score well on. Will post some pics later.

Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to your pics Martin.

8th is my favourite hole on the course.

Martin Toal

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
Played Hankley today.

Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to your pics Martin.

8th is my favourite hole on the course.

Ah, yes, the 8th. Good hole.

Nice drive over the bridle path and a soft 8 iron against the wind gently faded into the huge gorse bush to the right of the green.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »
Martin either you are monsterously long or you are talking about the delightful 9th!

Hankley wins on beiong so private, apart from the odd executive jet going into Farnborough all sounds are natural and there is none of the road or rail noise that spoil some of the best heaths.

Cooden Beach is very flat not linksy and played around dykes, pleasant but that's about all.

West Sussex is suffering due to the lack of growth and water, last week it was in pretty poor condition.
Cave Nil Vino

Martin Toal

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »
Martin either you are monsterously long or you are talking about the delightful 9th!

Hankley wins on beiong so private, apart from the odd executive jet going into Farnborough all sounds are natural and there is none of the road or rail noise that spoil some of the best heaths.

Cooden Beach is very flat not linksy and played around dykes, pleasant but that's about all.

West Sussex is suffering due to the lack of growth and water, last week it was in pretty poor condition.

Oops, actually talking about the 17th! Started on the 13th, so slightly mixed up. 8th is a nice par-5 and was playing shortish yesterday but not that short!

Gareth Williams

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 04:52:14 AM »

Oops, actually talking about the 17th! Started on the 13th, so slightly mixed up. 8th is a nice par-5 and was playing shortish yesterday but not that short!

I did think that sounded more like the 17th!!!  ;D

I also am well acquainted with lovely welcoming gorse bush next to the green.... :(

Paul Nash

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 07:59:46 AM »
I too have been in that bush - and the bunker!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back