News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

So Melvyn...
« on: July 15, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
Are you pulling for Tiger or Daly?

Ronald Montesano

Re: So Melvyn...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »
Is this an "either-or" question or a "might you be pulling for one of the two, as opposed to the other 100+ entrants in the field?"
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Brent Hutto

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 02:19:53 PM »
Hey Greg, are you still beating your wife or did you go ahead and kill her?

Michael Moore

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »
Can we stop with the "hey Melvyn, what do you think about X, Y and Z" threads? There seem to be two or three every week.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Greg Tallman

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »
Hey Greg, are you still beating your wife or did you go ahead and kill her?

Excuse me?

Scott Warren

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:43:29 PM »
When Pat Ruddy pulled the "are you still beating your wife" line on me and he copped it from all quarters, I did feel a bit bad for him, because it's a remarkably common saying in some circles, but not others, so it seems to fire up those not familiar. let's not have a repeat of that blow-up.

It basically says "that's a question I can't answer without incriminating myself".

I agree with Michael Moore. Enough already.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »
What a cheap and nasty post.  Enough with the snide baiting, please.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »

Relax Mark. All in good fun and one who is willing to dish out, with considerable venom, such hardh criticsms as did Melvyn must be able to accept some good natured ribbing.

Perhaps you and this site are above such light hearted fun. Fortunately I am not.

The wife beating comment still puzzles me even after the explanation. Oh well. 

Anthony Gray

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

Greg,

I'm pulling for Daly. Simply because of his clothes. There are some that have never walked the streets of Parkersburg.

Anthony

Greg Tallman

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »

Greg,

I'm pulling for Daly. Simply because of his clothes. There are some that have never walked the streets of Parkersburg.

Anthony

Daly makes your wardrobe look rather conservative. You need to step it up a notch.

Eric Smith

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
Greg,

I think Brent was referring to your Facebook profile pic, that's all.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
Greg,

I think Brent was referring to your Facebook profile pic, that's all.

I love Queen. Another one bites the dust.

Anthony

Mark Pearce

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »

Relax Mark. All in good fun and one who is willing to dish out, with considerable venom, such hardh criticsms as did Melvyn must be able to accept some good natured ribbing.

Perhaps you and this site are above such light hearted fun. Fortunately I am not.

If I thought for a moment it was "good natured ribbing" I'd be fine with it.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »

Greg

Who is Tiger and what is Daly – but in answer to your question neither of them as just not colourful enough for me.

Melvyn

Greg Tallman

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »

If I thought for a moment it was "good natured ribbing" I'd be fine with it.

Not sure how you could construe it any other way. Perhaps you should give boxers a try?

Greg Tallman

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 03:32:54 PM »

Greg

Who is Tiger and what is Daly – but in answer to your question neither of them as just not colourful enough for me.

Melvyn

Daly is the frequency with which cocktail waitresses hunt Tiger.  ;)

Jim Franklin

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
Greg -

I thought it was funny. You are right that this site takes itself for too seriously at times. I think Melvyn handled it fine.

I am pulling for Westwood if anyone cares.
Mr Hurricane

Anthony Gray

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »

Melvyn is very good natured and knows what it feels like to get misunderstood. Greg will leave you in the gutter.

Anthony

Mac Plumart

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
Posts 10 and 11 are hilarious!!!  Nice work! 
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 04:40:12 PM »

Melvyn is very good natured and knows what it feels like to get misunderstood. Greg will leave you in the gutter.

Anthony

How a backwoods dentist born in the heart of hillbillyland can be left for dead on the back streets of a dangerous town in a foreign land with no money in his pocket yet find his way back to his posh hotel suite far from the frightening sights of downtown San Lucas is beyond me.

All I can say is I tried.

Eric, I have updated my facebook photo. That one was about 50 pounds ago and in the midst of the curious phase of my life.

Scott Warren

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »
Greg,

Chanelling Freddie Mercury? ;D (I realise Eric's pic probably isn't actually you, but too good to pass up)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:43:15 PM by Scott Warren »

George Pazin

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »
How a backwoods dentist born in the heart of hillbillyland can be left for dead on the back streets of a dangerous town in a foreign land with no money in his pocket yet find his way back to his posh hotel suite far from the frightening sights of downtown San Lucas is beyond me.

All I can say is I tried.

Thanks for the effort!

To put this thread into proper context, one should realize not everyone follows every thread....
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Eric Smith

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
Eric, I have updated my facebook photo. That one was about 50 pounds ago and in the midst of the curious phase of my life.

Hey, you shaved your stache, nice!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 05:10:58 PM »

Hey, you shaved your stache, nice!

I think that photo was taken after a 54 hole day with Dr. Gray at White Day.

Sean Leary

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »

Greg,

Brent gave you only two options to answer. If you answer either, you can't win either way, that is all. Just like picking Tiger or Daly only....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back