News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V. Kmetz

while a relatively anonymous name, he produced a number of designs in the NYC area during the 60s and 70s including Brae Burn (Purchase) Montammy (NJ) Towers (Queens, Co.) and some courses in the SC- Fla belt.

He was an associate and "protege" of RTJSr.

Any information or further leads would be appreciated.

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Phil_the_Author

Re: Can anyone give me direction to further research Frank Duane
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
In 1973 he served as President of the American Society of Golf Course architects. In fact, Frank actually partnered with Arnold Palmer in course designs in the 70's. I don't know how long they worked together. Here's an example:

He designed Spook Rock and others throughout the metro area.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:03:17 PM »
V. Kmetz:

I think Roger Rulewich would have worked alongside Frank Duane for a few years when they were both working for Trent Jones.  Suggest you contact him.  Rees Jones would be another possibility.

V. Kmetz

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »
Thank you both TD and PY for these pointers.

anyone else...keep em' coming

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back