News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

Sean

Once again many thanks, fantastic looking course.

As to your bunker question, I've no objection to the scruffy look, or the fact that the mounds appear to emerge out of nowhere on an otherwise (relatively) flat looking piece of ground. Indeed the scruffy maintenance adds to the texture. Any objection I have is that there isn't more of a sand flashing. Again the sight of a bit of sand face would add to the texture.

Now speaking of texture, does anyone else find it striking that a man made feature in the shape of the wall adds considerably to some of those holes, even if only in a visual non-play sense ? I wonder if we would feel the same about the course if instead of traditional stone and building techniques they had simply used brick, or even a post and wire fence.

Niall

Sean_A

Niall

I guess you could be right for the earthwork bunkers on #3 re flashed sand.  The hole looks odd, but it is very good. 

I like the walls a lot at Broadway and am pleased the local authority requires the landowner to maintain the walls using traditional materials.  We are going through a bit of an issue in our village. Only stone walls over a meter high are protected...I want to see the street scape retained with all the stone walls protected.  Its a real battle for our Neighbourhood Development Plan.

Ciao
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:55:40 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Sean_A

I presume Sean you mean the difference in bunker style between what's been used at Broadway for quite a long time now and the Hawtree revisions in this photo reposted from above?

If course appearance, and thus maintenance, is to be as immaculate as possible, then the bunker style that has long been employed at Broadway is probably the one I'd favour. However, if a more  'natural' (scruffy?) look is now the aim for the whole course then the revised Hawtree bunkers and mounds are fine.

Terrific front-9 with a bunch of really splendid holes and a wonderful view from the Clubhouse as well, shame they don't have a Clubhouse webcamera. I really must get back to Broadway again soon.

Atb

ATB

No, I was referring specifically to the 8th hole bunker.  It is now rolled over whereas previously it was more of the Augusta style with flashed sand.  I much prefer the rolled over look.

Ciao
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:56:54 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back