News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re: Starting Wed., 4/14 - Get to know me...
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2010, 04:34:42 PM »
OK, Mr. Mathematician, what were your favorite and best mathematical topics while in school?

As an analytical thinker, what do you think of the parade of gotta have new club tweaks and features?

As an analytical thinker, what are subjective measures of great GCA, if any?

First of all, it is insulting to real mathematicians to call me one - I'm just a geek who was good at calculus for awhile.

Having said that, obviously calculus was my best and favorite topic. Green's Theorem in the Plane, Stokes Theorem, Divergence Theorem - too cool for school. Lately I've been reading up on statistics and game theory. We're going to Vegas baby for my best friend's 50th, gotta get ready for the World Series of Poker. Thankfully, he's only 44, plenty of time to get ready.

I'm no equipment geek, not by a long shot. Even if I could afford the newest and latest, I don't see myself buying anything new unless I lose or break something. I'm happy with my Taylor Made 300s from 8 or so years ago - in fact, my only equipment purchase of late was an older set of Macgregor blades. Yeah, stop laughing, this 20 handicapper bought a set of blades.

My favorite measure is when you walk off a course and think, damn, I should've scored 4 or 5 shots better, or something like that. I think the best courses fool you a bit, leaving this feeling, while most modern courses are pretty straightforward - you shot what you shot, depending on if you hit your stock 8 iron your stock distance. Dave Pelz might like the latter, I prefer the former.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

George Pazin

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »
George:

I need to echo the Oakmont thread comments.  One of the best I have ever read.  I feel like I know the course even though I have never been there.  I particularly like the fact that the pictures are from late in the year (or early).  The brown grass makes it easier to get a sense for the contour of the land.

How often do you play?
Given no restrictions on money or distance where would you take your next golf trip?
What book do you recommend to someone who is interested in architecture but new to reading about the subject?
If you were to build your dream course where would you build it and what type of course would it be?

For those that haven't seen the Oakmont threads, here is the link to the summary page (don't know if the photos are still active):

Summary thoughts on Oakmont - please add yours

As I have said before, Ryan Farrow is the real hero of those threads - his photos are terrific and they added immeasurably to the threads, really bringing them to life. Hopefully they're still up!

I haven't played since the Pete Dye GC outing in early August '08. Life just keeps getting in the way. I pretty much feel like if I'm not with my son, I should be at my business, and if I'm not at my business... Prior to Jason's birth (and my left knee's destruction right before he was born), I'd guess I played about 3 times a month from April through October. As I said earlier, I started later in life (age 29) and only had one summer - '98 IIRC - where I really played a lot (maybe 2 18s and 1-2 9s a week). That summer, I was not bad - I only played with irons, didn't even bother carrying woods, played a completely controlled game, but I didn't have much of a short game, so I mostly ended up around the green in regulation and then chipping and 2 putting for bogey all day long. Shot a bunch of 90s that looked much better to my playing companions who usually weren't paying attention to what I did around the green.

Of course I'd be on my NetJet to Tasmania tomorrow if I could. Aside from that, I'd head to Houston and then Cornwall. My wife wants to go to Cornwall, isn't so keen on Houston - but that's probably better for me, anyway.

My dream course would be in my backyard - well, I'd have to move first. That's what prompted my interest in gca; I thought I'd build my own course someday. Then it became a 9 holer, then a couple holes, then a hole, then a putting green. Now it's looking more like I'll have to have another geek throw something together for a computer golf game. My dream course would be hated by most - just a gigantic pasture with greens and hazards strewn about. I like to think Tom Doak built Sheep Ranch for me, even though he didn't know who I was at the time.

Just to show you how deep my geekiness in ingrained, one lazy Sunday afternoon years ago, I fell asleep and dreamed of a backyard course with 4 greens in the corners of a square 400 yards by 400 yards and knew the par 5 would be the diagonal measuring 566. Some numbers die hard.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Garland Bayley

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
...- in fact, my only equipment purchase of late was an older set of Macgregor blades. Yeah, stop laughing, this 20 handicapper bought a set of blades.

Interesting! On the Hogan clubs thread, Peter P and I have been putting forth the hypothesis that blades are the true game improvement irons.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

George Pazin

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »
Interesting! On the Hogan clubs thread, Peter P and I have been putting forth the hypothesis that blades are the true game improvement irons.

Mike Vegis once told me that when his game is struggling, he pulls out his Titleist blades (I think, maybe Mizuno) and it comes around quickly.

NOTE: to everyone

Just checked my summary thread on Oakmont - it's still there, but none of the links to the individual hole threads work. I'll see if I can fix that sometime soon.

Forgot to add these earlier:

My experiences with Terry Lavin - Haven't met Terry yet, but for those who are newer to golfclubatlas, the man knows his Chicago golf. You would be wise to dig around in 2003 to read his posts about Olympia Fields and the US Open.

My experiences with Mark Ferguson - Mark's my friend on the other side of the world that I haven't met yet - and I stress yet. Someday I will make it down under, that is both a promise and a threat. Like Mike Nuzzo, Mark has an amazing ability to pick me up when I need it, thanks, Mark. His In My Opinion piece on St Andrews Beach is outstanding, it always makes me wistful.

Just realized I didn't post my customary summary links in the initial post - that's embarrassingly egocentric, I'm downright po'd at myself. Here they are:

5 most recent:

Jeff Mingay

Joe Bausch

Gary Slatter

Joel Zuckerman

Patrick Hodgdon

Full list:

GTK participants
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 05:10:14 PM by George Pazin »

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »
George,
you know I await the day we play together, but until then tell us about what might be your ideal UK/Europe Tour. Better to spend time on the 'Classics' or to discover unknown pleasures???

Do you think you know enough about golf 'this side' or do you REALLY need to experience it on a couple of levels and on more than a few occasions to really judge?

Time is cool but life is short and the world is Soooooooooooo large.....

Boy, I NEED to get to Australia!!!

V VVVVV Best,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Sean_A

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »
George, yes, that early 90s Pens team was special, but the club went heavily into debt to buy those cups (tee hee).  It seems the Pens have always been in financial difficulties.  Is it true that the Pens intentionally dumped the last part of the 83/84 season to draft Lemieux - in order to save the club from folding?  That has always been the scuttlebutt, but one never knows.  

Ciao

Don't know about the rumors. I will say, it's hard for any sport to succeed in the Burgh other than football. And until the mid 90s, baseball was still a professional sport in Pittsburgh...Plus, I don't know that the economics for hockey really work anywhere. It is considered the 4th major pro sport, but the revenues pale in comparison to the other 3, even though the salaries often don't!

My experiences with Sean (apologies for forgetting this earlier) - Sean is yet another poster I haven't met that I consider a good friend, in spite of his left leanings... :) If you haven't checked out his many many unbelievably great photo tours of UK courses, you have seriously shortchanged yourself. Sean remains one of the most insightful of us regular golfers out there, even if his position on bunkers doesn't allow him membership to the Golfclubatlas Frilly Bunkers Society.

George

Thank you for the kind words!  

Leaning left?  I would have thought by now folks would realize that I lean toward anarchy!  I despise all politicians and their slimey, wormy way with words.  Its no wonder that to become a politician in the US it is practically a given that one has to have a law degree.  

I have long wondered about the expansion of the NHL south of the Mason-Dixon - it don't make sense to me.  If you made me king of the NHL probably at least half a dozen teams would be axed!  Hockey is for the north. It gives those who live through crappy winters hope and if we are lucky - inspiration.

Okay, so you bailed on the Lemieux question.  I get it - close ranks and all that.  So, which jerseys should the Pens use?  I am favourable to the one used shortly after coming into the league - I think the second logo which has been used recently as an alternate jersey.  What say you - of course, from a professional PoV?  

Ciao

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:57:04 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

George Pazin

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »
George,
you know I await the day we play together, but until then tell us about what might be your ideal UK/Europe Tour. Better to spend time on the 'Classics' or to discover unknown pleasures???

Do you think you know enough about golf 'this side' or do you REALLY need to experience it on a couple of levels and on more than a few occasions to really judge?

I'm eagerly awaiting that day as well.

My ideal trip to the UK would likely be very different than the average gca'ers: I would spend in a week in one location and primarily play/walk/study one course, with just a few others thrown in for fun. The top 5 I most want to study are: 1) TOC (what a shock) - I'd gladly go for the singles lottery every day; 2) Dornoch (another shocker) - not much to elucidate here; 3) St Enodoc - between Tom D's writeup in TCG and Noel Freeman's writeup in the Aussie GCA mag and his photo threads on here, I really want to experience this beauty in depth; 4) Rye - after Steel's writeup in his book, this one is extremely high on my list; and 5) ? Probably Lahinch or Ballybunion - hanging with locals in Ireland for a week - what could be better? Prestwick is another course that might make this list, I have to think about that a bit more.

Of course you know I don't know nearly enough to even have an opinion, let alone think that I get it now or could get it after one trip. I'd love to do the George Peper thing and spend an extended time somewhere in the UK.

I need to get to Australia as well. If it ever looks promising, I will let you know, maybe you can join me. Every year I think it will be next year, but like the sign in the bar saying "Free Drinks Tomorrow", tomorrow never comes.

Sounds like the next Bond flick...Tomorrow Never Comes.

Halle Berry in the orange bikini is another subject worthy of a week's play and study...

My experiences with Marty - FBD has always been a hero of mine on this site - strong opinions and a stronger lust for life. He is at the top of my "will contact when I make it over" list, and I am still po'd at myself for not paying closer attention to his forays into western PA. I thought he was staying on the eastern side of the state, didn't look in on his itinerary thread till it was too late. Falling Water is only an hour and a half from my home, and I would've walked there to meet FBD, had I known.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:38:00 AM by George Pazin »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2010, 11:32:20 AM »

George the story goes that Jackie Sherrill was at a golf tournament and Jackie asked Fralic who was caddying where he went to school thinking he was in college. Fralic responded with the name of his jr high.

Anthony

George Pazin

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2010, 11:33:10 AM »
Leaning left?  I would have thought by now folks would realize that I lean toward anarchy!  I despise all politicians and their slimey, wormy way with words.  Its no wonder that to become a politician in the US it is practically a given that one has to have a law degree.

Ah, that's the bond that I have sensed between us - lately I have been telling people that I am an anarchist.

I honestly have never heard the Lemieux rumor you cite. I was always a hoops guy growing up, didn't really become a hockey fan until I returned home after the first Cup in '91. It sure wouldn't surprise me if they did that, wouldn't even really bother me. For every Lemieux that pans out, there's others that really don't (though hockey seems easier to predict than other sports), so I always figure losing on purpose to get a guy is risky business. I do think I like the lotteries in hockey and basketball that seek to avert this, however.

I'm not a big fan of the baby blue uniform - can't say exactly what it is, it just doesn't work for me. Maybe it just looks too obviously retro, like someone who tries too hard to be liked. I think the Wings have the coolest uniforms in hockey, maybe in all of sports. Classic colors, classic image, simple and clean. My tastes have change quite a bit over the years - used to just hate the boring blue and white of Penn State, now I think it is classic (and I say that regretfully, as a lifelong Pitt fan who doesn't have much affection for PSU at all).

George Pazin

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »

George the story goes that Jackie Sherrill was at a golf tournament and Jackie asked Fralic who was caddying where he went to school thinking he was in college. Fralic responded with the name of his jr high.

Anthony

Ah, I totally forgot about that story, thanks for reminding me. Fralic was a man among boys in college, should have won the Heisman his senior year. He's now an okay announcer for Pitt football - share some terrific insights, just doesn't have a great voice.

My experiences with Anthony (another one I forgot about earlier, sorry) - Got off to a bit of a rocky start with Anthony, but it's been smooth sailing since. Like several other magnets on this site, I think Anthony is a bit misunderstood by many, a man with a heart of gold. People often overlook the fact that sometimes Anthony's many questions are the only thing that keep some GTK threads alive long enough to get their just reward. He's invited me out to play a couple times, I've just been too busy with J and work to be able to join him. But I will someday and I know it will be great fun.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:42:15 AM by George Pazin »

Kyle Harris

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2010, 11:42:12 AM »

Ah, that's the bond that I have sensed between us - lately I have been telling people that I am an anarchist.

I honestly have never heard the Lemieux rumor you cite. I was always a hoops guy growing up, didn't really become a hockey fan until I returned home after the first Cup in '91. It sure wouldn't surprise me if they did that, wouldn't even really bother me. For every Lemieux that pans out, there's others that really don't (though hockey seems easier to predict than other sports), so I always figure losing on purpose to get a guy is risky business. I do think I like the lotteries in hockey and basketball that seek to avert this, however.

I'm not a big fan of the baby blue uniform - can't say exactly what it is, it just doesn't work for me. Maybe it just looks too obviously retro, like someone who tries too hard to be liked. I think the Wings have the coolest uniforms in hockey, maybe in all of sports. Classic colors, classic image, simple and clean. My tastes have change quite a bit over the years - used to just hate the boring blue and white of Penn State, now I think it is classic (and I say that regretfully, as a lifelong Pitt fan who doesn't have much affection for PSU at all).

Oh shove off!

;-)

George Pazin

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2010, 11:46:18 AM »
Oh shove off!

;-)

Somehow I knew that comment would draw out Kyle... :)

My experiences with Kyle - Another terrific guy, someone I really want to tee it up with someday hopefully in the not too distant future. Kyle has attacked golfclubatlas and golf in general with the same enthusiasm that he shows toward life in general. A young man who knows what it takes to succeed and be happy, my kind of guy. Even if he is a Penn State fan. :) I will say this much about PSU - many of my good friends have gone there and came away likewise smitten, so it must be a special place. Joe Pa certainly is the best football coach ever. And the ice cream at the creamery is just the best ice cream I've ever had.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »
Oh shove off!

;-)

Somehow I knew that comment would draw out Kyle... :)

My experiences with Kyle - Another terrific guy, someone I really want to tee it up with someday hopefully in the not too distant future. Kyle has attacked golfclubatlas and golf in general with the same enthusiasm that he shows toward life in general. A young man who knows what it takes to succeed and be happy, my kind of guy. Even if he is a Penn State fan. :) I will say this much about PSU - many of my good friends have gone there and came away likewise smitten, so it must be a special place. Joe Pa certainly is the best football coach ever. And the ice cream at the creamery is just the best ice cream I've ever had.

You know what a Pitt grad calls a PSU grad..............boss.

ARG

Bill_McBride

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »
George, yes, that early 90s Pens team was special, but the club went heavily into debt to buy those cups (tee hee).  It seems the Pens have always been in financial difficulties.  Is it true that the Pens intentionally dumped the last part of the 83/84 season to draft Lemieux - in order to save the club from folding?  That has always been the scuttlebutt, but one never knows.  

Ciao

Don't know about the rumors. I will say, it's hard for any sport to succeed in the Burgh other than football. And until the mid 90s, baseball was still a professional sport in Pittsburgh...Plus, I don't know that the economics for hockey really work anywhere. It is considered the 4th major pro sport, but the revenues pale in comparison to the other 3, even though the salaries often don't!

My experiences with Sean (apologies for forgetting this earlier) - Sean is yet another poster I haven't met that I consider a good friend, in spite of his left leanings... :) If you haven't checked out his many many unbelievably great photo tours of UK courses, you have seriously shortchanged yourself. Sean remains one of the most insightful of us regular golfers out there, even if his position on bunkers doesn't allow him membership to the Golfclubatlas Frilly Bunkers Society.

George, Sean just signed up for the Dixie Cup, so you could meet him and play some golf with him IF you take up Steve on his offer and come join the weekend festivities in Charlotte in October.

Maybe we could come up with a design and order a few dozen "Dixie Cup" caps or shirts ahead of time!

Here's the sign up sheet so far.   How bad could it be?  http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tL9VKfwGNgy38B636dnwabA&output=html

Ed Oden

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2010, 03:21:10 PM »
George, your Oakmont series predated my involvement here.  So I searched them out a few days ago to see what the fuss was all about.  They are really outstanding.  If your contributions to this site were limited just to the Oakmont and GTK threads, your GCA legacy would still be secure.  Based on the way you describe yourself and the way others describe you, there is a George Bailey quality about you.  I suspect that you are a far richer man than can be measured by conventional yard sticks.

A few questions:

In what ways do your GCA likes/dislikes break from the prevailing thinking of most members of this site? 

Is there an architect whose work you haven't experienced that you are dying to see?

In the niche genre of disturbed mathmatician movies, which do you prefer, A Beautiful Mind or Good Will Hunting?

What is the funniest t-shirt you have ever printed?

Best wishes,

Ed

George Pazin

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
Believe me, Bill, there is nothing more that I'd like than to join you guys.

George, your Oakmont series predated my involvement here.  So I searched them out a few days ago to see what the fuss was all about.  They are really outstanding.  If your contributions to this site were limited just to the Oakmont and GTK threads, your GCA legacy would still be secure.  Based on the way you describe yourself and the way others describe you, there is a George Bailey quality about you.  I suspect that you are a far richer man than can be measured by conventional yard sticks.

A few questions:

In what ways do your GCA likes/dislikes break from the prevailing thinking of most members of this site? 

Is there an architect whose work you haven't experienced that you are dying to see?

In the niche genre of disturbed mathmatician movies, which do you prefer, A Beautiful Mind or Good Will Hunting?

What is the funniest t-shirt you have ever printed?

Best wishes,

Ed

Thanks, Ed.

The biggest difference to me is my preference for truly unique golf courses - Wolf Point and Sheep Ranch top my US wish list. That's probably because the genesis of my interest in gca was the dream of building my own course someday (already have the name picked out - I think I've told two people on here it, but I'm sure they've forgotten it by now).

Along with those two, almost personal type courses, my other strong preference is for low key, subtle courses, as opposed to the many courses with the options are distinct. As an example, I've entered many armchair architect competitions, and my designs are always as far from the winning designs as possible. The winners always have multiple distinct routes, whereas mine are usually wide open - and I mean really wide - open pastures with hazards strewn about almost in random fashion.

I'd most like to see Mike Nuzzo's work! And Rod Whitman's at Cabot Links someday. Aside from that, I'm really hoping I can someday play at least one course of each architect who posts on here.

Definitely a strong preference for Good Will Hunting, but it's mostly for two reasons - 1) Robin Williams character and 2) I don't care for historical movies that play fast and loose with the facts - this is "based on a true story", which usually means "We are changing incredibly important details because we think you're too stupid to appreciate reality".

I wonder who wrote Good Will Hunting.

Funniest t shirt? Wow, I'll have to think about that one. Most of the time, we end up making jokes that are just slight twists on what we print, but we have the good sense not to actually print those. One thing I've learned in my years in the biz is that the overwhelming majority of people just want plain ole biring designs. Most of the designs that we've printed that are funny are usually more offensive than anything else, but those are rarely our ideas, just stuff we're printing for other people.

astavrides

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2010, 01:37:22 AM »

Definitely a strong preference for Good Will Hunting, but it's mostly for two reasons - 1) Robin Williams character and 2) I don't care for historical movies that play fast and loose with the facts - this is "based on a true story", which usually means "We are changing incredibly important details because we think you're too stupid to appreciate reality".
[/quote]

agreed, i was incredibly moved when i first saw 'a beautiful mind', then I read the true story of Nash's life, and felt swindled by the movie.

Scott Warren

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2010, 03:31:41 AM »
George,

Fixing the links to the Oakmont hole-by-hole could be as easy as changing "forums2" in the link to "forum". I have done that with a bunch of old threads that seem to produce broken links and it has worked.

cheers,
Scott

George Pazin

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2010, 10:44:02 AM »
George,

Fixing the links to the Oakmont hole-by-hole could be as easy as changing "forums2" in the link to "forum". I have done that with a bunch of old threads that seem to produce broken links and it has worked.

cheers,
Scott

Worked like a charm, many thanks! Many/most of the photos are still up as well.

My experiences with Scott (another one I forgot, sorry) - Scott's another poster way up on my must meet list. His thoughtful and unique perspective made him a natural for a GTK thread, thanks, Scott.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:50:59 AM by George Pazin »

George Pazin

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2010, 10:47:49 AM »

agreed, i was incredibly moved when i first saw 'a beautiful mind', then I read the true story of Nash's life, and felt swindled by the movie.

Yeah, that just ticks me off. So many times, the real story is every bit as moving, if not more, it just lacks the Hollywood element, so they "make it better". To bring this back to architecture, it reminds me of the many "improvements" to Golden Age courses...

My experiences with Alex - I was fortunate enough to enjoy 9 holes with Alex a few years ago, and then dinner and beers with JohnV and him afterward. A nicer guy you won't meet, hope we can tee it up again sometime soon, though his move to the West Coast makes that unlikely! :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:01:52 AM by George Pazin »

Doug Wright

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2010, 11:00:12 AM »
George, have you played any courses in NW Penn? There are some hidden gems there such as Blueberry Hill (Warren) and Pennhills (partly Travis)(Bradford). 

PS Have you played Bedford Springs? [Sorry if you already answered that on this thread...]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:05:07 AM by Doug Wright »
Twitter: @Deneuchre

George Pazin

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »
George, have you played any courses in NW Penn? There are some hidden gems there such as Blueberry Hill (Warren) and Pennhills (partly Travis)(Bradford). 

PS Have you played Bedford Springs? [Sorry if you already answered that on this thread...]

Haven't made it to any of those - haven't played much since the little man joined my life. But thanks for the tip, I will put BH and PH high on my list of must plays in the area and once I start playing more regularly, will try to get there.

Haven't made it to BS either, for the same reason. I'm hoping we can throw together a GCA outing there either this year or next and I'll get that crossed off the list.

My experiences with Doug - I had exchanged the occasional message with Doug early on - he's a longtime poster - and was thrilled when my first round in NM was joining him, Jonathan Cummings and JohnV. Doug carried my 200 lbs all the way 'round BM - not an easy thing to do - he is most definitely a player and terrific companion. I think I contributed 1 hole win - might have had another, had Doug not chipped in. Just a terrific guy to enjoy a round with, and a clear thinker on all areas of golf as well.

Sean_A

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »

George

Yes, I like the Wings jerseys.  In fact, the original 6 jerseys may be the coolest 6 jerseys in sport.  

Question for ya.  How come other sports don't cherish the tash like hockey does?  I know ball players used to get into it a bit - Rollie Fingers.  It just seems to me other athletes are missing out on a trick.  

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

George Pazin

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »
Sean, I don't know how any athlete can stand facial hair. The playoff beard is a time honored hockey tradition, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how guys can stand having a beard with that level of physical exertion!

Reminds me of Troy P's hair, or even Jagr's, for that matter - I don't know how they can take it. If I played a sport with a helmet, I'd be damn near bald for sure, and I can grow hair like few guys I know. 'Course, my hair grows out, not down, so maybe that's why I can't take it.

-----

I'm going to try to bow out now, let some other people have their turn. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me or email me and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks everyone, it was fun.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back