News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ulrich Mayring

Ganton, Alwoodley, The Addington in August - any takers?
« on: March 15, 2010, 05:52:57 PM »
I'm currently planning a UK tour for August and have these dates in my schedule:

Ganton, August 3rd
Alwoodley, August 26th
The Addington, August 27th

I haven't contacted the clubs yet, so if there's any interest here, maybe we can get something going.

cheers,

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Scott Warren

Re: Ganton, Alwoodley, The Addington in August - any takers?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
May very well be keen for The Add, and can likely save you some £££ on the green fee.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 04:46:36 AM »
Too early to commit but could be interested in Alwoodley.  An odd itinerary that has Ganton and Alwoodley three weeks apart?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:19:52 AM »
Basically the trip goes like this:

Eurotunnel - Cambridge (Gog Magog, Royal Worlington) - York (Ganton) - St Andrews - Cruden Bay - Dornoch - St Andrews - Northumberland - Leeds (Alwoodley) - Ashford (The Addington) - Eurotunnel.

I have tentative interest from various GCAers in Crail/Goswick/Bamburgh (Mark), The Add (Scott), Dornoch/Golspie and Cruden Bay. Looks like I won't have to play alone very much :)

Maybe I should draw a map that indicated all the stops and who was interested in what. But I'm not sure whether everyone likes to see his name in print, as I received some indications via personal message...

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 06:27:40 AM »
Ulrich I thnk I'm off to Ireland when you hit the Addington, if not I'd love to join you.

Also if Worlington is PM then I might be able to see you there. 

Great trip.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 06:58:19 AM »
Ulrich

I'd be keen to join you at Ganton.  I think I'm going to be struggling for your Alwoodley date though.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:00:35 AM »
Tony,

I should be in Ireland for the month of August... Please make sure and hook up...

Ulrich's whole agenda sounds great though...

Ally

James Boon

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
Ulrich,

All 3 courses mentioned are ones I'm keen to see so I'd love to join you. Can't really commit at this stage, but Alwoodley would be the best bet for me if I can get things to work out, though any excuse to play any of them would be good...

Keep us informed.

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back