News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Billsteele

Re: Midwest GCA Event, May 2010 at Lost Dunes - Michigan v Chicago
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 11:06:46 AM »
I am from Ohio so, as uncomfortable as it makes me, I guess that would put me on Team Michigan.

JC-That always increased my odds in football and at the bars.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
Everyone, I had a little free time this morning and threw this together:

www.midwestmashie.com

George when I get back from looping I will get you set up as and admin to keep it updated.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Jud_T

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »
I hope they allow wine corkage at the club.... 8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mark Smolens

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »
If there's a spot, or a cancellation, I'm in (Chicago side).

George Freeman

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »
Before the last Chicago spot is filled, can you please check the list?  I don't see my name but I think I reserved a spot this weekend.  Thanks

David,

I sent Tom a PM.  You should be on the list as you had committed pretty early.  I'll work with Tom to get the accurate list posted.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

George Freeman

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2010, 11:29:40 AM »
Everyone, I had a little free time this morning and threw this together:

www.midwestmashie.com

George when I get back from looping I will get you set up as and admin to keep it updated.

Thanks Patrick!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

David Egan

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »
Before the last Chicago spot is filled, can you please check the list?  I don't see my name but I think I reserved a spot this weekend.  Thanks

David,

I sent Tom a PM.  You should be on the list as you had committed pretty early.  I'll work with Tom to get the accurate list posted.

Thanks.  FYI - I'm not on the list in the first post on this thread. 

SL_Solow

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
As noted in my email, the dates are problematical.  If someone drops out as the date grows near, I may be able to fill in.  sounds like a great event.

Eric_Terhorst

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »
I'd like to play at least one day for the West squad.  Please let us know if you need a commitment for two days, or if you're willing to mix it up in case you need the spots to let more people in

Thanks George and Tom!

Eric:

I will leave this question for the West captain, when we have one.  I'm sure it would be easier for the club if there are 24 or 32 players, and the same number of diners.  If you were on my team, I would put you in tandem with the next guy who wants to play for one day, as long as the two of you could agree who plays which day.

Tom and George,

Dan Moore and I would like to play, and would prefer to play one day only on Sat. the 15th. 

I suggested to Mark Smolens that he share with me, to which he is amenable, but he's available both days.  If someone else wants to share with Dan, and play one day only on the 16th, please advise herein!

Thanks...

PThomas

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »
I'd like to play at least one day for the West squad.  Please let us know if you need a commitment for two days, or if you're willing to mix it up in case you need the spots to let more people in

Thanks George and Tom!

Eric:

I will leave this question for the West captain, when we have one.  I'm sure it would be easier for the club if there are 24 or 32 players, and the same number of diners.  If you were on my team, I would put you in tandem with the next guy who wants to play for one day, as long as the two of you could agree who plays which day.

Tom and George,

Dan Moore and I would like to play, and would prefer to play one day only on Sat. the 15th. 

I suggested to Mark Smolens that he share with me, to which he is amenable, but he's available both days.  If someone else wants to share with Dan, and play one day only on the 16th, please advise herein!

Thanks...

I'll play on the 16th!
197 played, only 3 to go!!

Dan Kelly

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »
I'd love to come, but that's the same weekend as the 100th Annual Travis Invitational at Garden City...

Hold your emoticons!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

PCCraig

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
I hope they allow wine corkage at the club.... 8)

If so, I'd gladly bring a few bottles up.

I'll also stock the Jeep full of quality brew for the cabin!  :) 8)
H.P.S.

PCCraig

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »
Assuming tee times will start around noon at Lost Dunes that Saturday, anyone up for setting up a couple (very early) tee times at Warren that morning? It's only about a 45 min drive from South Bend to LD.

Just a thought.
H.P.S.

Patrick Boyd

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »
I'm in for team MI if the space is still available.

-Patrick

Jon Heise

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2010, 08:42:42 PM »
Assuming tee times will start around noon at Lost Dunes that Saturday, anyone up for setting up a couple (very early) tee times at Warren that morning? It's only about a 45 min drive from South Bend to LD.

Just a thought.

I know I'd be interested in adding something like that either on the Friday before or early that Sat.  We're kicking around ideas of adding Angel's Crossing on our drive from Detroit... of course Warren looks pretty darn good too...
I still like Greywalls better.

PCCraig

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2010, 09:41:07 PM »

Just a thought.

I know I'd be interested in adding something like that either on the Friday before or early that Sat.  We're kicking around ideas of adding Angel's Crossing on our drive from Detroit... of course Warren looks pretty darn good too...

Warren is pretty good considering it's $51 in peak time, it's usually slow around town that time of year, and later that week it's holding NCAA Regionals so it should be in better than average shape.

And if we play fast enough we can all hit up Redamak's on the way to LD!  :)
H.P.S.

Chris Flamion

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
Pat-

I may be down for a jaunt to the Warren on the way up.  Nothing as fun as an early morning round to get the blood flowing.

Chris

Steve Salmen

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »
Pat and Chris,

I'd join you guys at Warren if there's space and time for a morning round. 

Steve

George Freeman

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »
Sorry for the confusion on the final list guys; we're trying to get an absolute # from the club.  As soon as we get that I will post a roster (here and on the website), complete with alternates, etc.

- George
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
Count me in for the Warren Course on Saturday morning....
Last 7:
Westbrook CC (OH), NCR CC South (OH), Fort Jackson Wildcat (SC), True Blue GC (SC), Pinewood CC (NC), Asheboro Muni (NC), Dye River Course (VA)

PCCraig

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2010, 10:16:59 AM »
Count me in for the Warren Course on Saturday morning....

According to the website they only set up tee times 14 days in advance. Let's all wait to see what the exact plan is at LD before we commit to Warren, but assuming the start at LD is late enough to get a round in down there it shouldn't be too difficult to set up some times as it's very slow around there that time of year.
H.P.S.

Matt Harrison

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »
George and Tom,

Really looking forward to this,thanks for setting it up!

I am sure the teams will fill up no problem, but if they do not, or if last-minute subs are needed, I have a couple friends that are Lost Dunes members and live in the area, so they would probably be available last-minute, and would love the event. 

Again, thanks for organizing.

Kevin Cahoon

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2010, 08:05:48 AM »
George,

If there is still a place for another Chicago golfer, please add me to the list. If not add me as an alternate. Thanks

Michael Kennedy

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
George and Tom -
Please add my name to the wait list, on the Chicago side!  Thanks!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back