News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will MacEwen

Re: Where My Lefties At?
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »
Lefty golfer (right handed generally) and Canadian. 

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2010, 04:03:30 PM »
As noted earlier in the thread, I am indeed a lefty and a "pure" one at that.  Both my father and his mother were also "pure" lefties and now my youngest daughter is also following in those footsteps.  Oddly enough, I kick a ball right-footed and am also right-eye dominant.  Maybe that's why I suck so much...  ::)

BTW...even though this is not a course pic below, you can see my left-handedness (with glove and club) and hope you can all figure out where the shot was taken.

Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2010, 04:40:25 PM »
Some goat ranch in So Oregon Evan.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sean Walsh

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2010, 04:25:06 AM »
Evan,

I think there is a sporting theory that Left handed batsmen should be right eye dominant (would go the same for left handed hitters in baseball), because they receive a split second advantage in seeing or judging the line of the ball. 

FYI most people are right eye dominant.  If you want proof just look at police forces or the military.  Whichever side the firearm is worn on is the dominant eye as it makes it easier to sight the weapon.

Tom Yost

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2010, 09:11:12 AM »
Tony P in action

Dale_McCallon

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2010, 04:26:41 PM »
I play (if you can call it that) from the left side.  Learned to play right handed and came within in an inch of a hole in one playing right handed, but as soon as I was able to find some left handed clubs I made the switch.

Tom Birkert

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
Left handed and proud. Write left handed (badly), throw left handed, tennis left handed etc. Only thing is that I am right footed for football.

And I did indeed hit the green here.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
Tom:
I like the confidence shown by the guy below you -- apparently entirely unconcerned that you might plug him.

Scott Warren

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2010, 12:56:06 AM »
I'm betting that wasn't the swing that sent the ball to the green!

Moi:
*There is a dead giveaway in this pic.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:59:38 AM by Scott Warren »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2010, 04:42:08 AM »
That's the 9th at Swinley, Scott, and you are a cheat.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2010, 04:49:14 AM »
Nice one Scott.

You can use my clubs next time we play and we can see how you get on then ;)

I'm a true leftie - play all sports left sided and write with my left hand. I'm the only one in family so I don't know where it came from!
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »
Here's two in one day....

DK

TT

I've also played golf with Andrew Summerall and Brian Walshe who also stand on the wrong side of the ball  ;D

Kenny Baer

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2010, 11:59:23 AM »
I am a lefty at everything but golf and basketball for some reason.  I throw, write, bat, tennis, bowl, etc...

I actually grew up playing left handed and switched to righty when my little kid lefty set became to small, probably middle school, the only clubs lying around were my Dad's old righty sets.

Jud_T

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2010, 12:02:25 PM »
Am I wrong or does is seem like there's a statistically significant amount more lefties than one would expect as GCA regulars?  Hey, great minds think alike!   ;D 
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2010, 12:49:43 PM »
I'm pretty partial to this one.

Doug Ralston

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »
Am I wrong or does is seem like there's a statistically significant amount more lefties than one would expect as GCA regulars?  Hey, great minds think alike!   ;D 

Jud, yes, lefties do average higher on almost all cognitive scales, but no, I do NOT think 'people who gossip on GCA' is a true scale for measurement.

I too am a lefty [both senses] but was compelled as a child to bat from the right side, and that has translated to swinging about anything, including a golf club, as a righty. Oddly, my regular playing partner Joe is right handed and plays lefty. I think he is the more exceptional in this, as no one right handed is ever [to my knowledge] told that they must play left to be correct.

Be grateful, no pix.
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Scott Warren

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2010, 07:09:24 AM »
Nice one Scott.

You can use my clubs next time we play and we can see how you get on then ;)

Andrew,

I finally got around to this with a left-handed seven-iron we found at Casa Serena while playing holes with the greenkeepers in the evening... turns out playing left-handed isn't as easy as you make it look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFTH_rUKUaw

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2010, 07:16:39 AM »
"You nearly got a skimmer out of that".... genius.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Terry Thornton

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2010, 08:40:18 AM »
Didn't hit the green but made par!

Scott Warren

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »
It would seem from a spate of pics posted in this thread, the answer to the thread title is "on the 16th tee at CPC!"

Mark Buzminski

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »
Left-handed-golf-and-hockey-playing-Canadian.  Go Leafs Go.   It's so normal here that when playing in Scotland I was truly amazed at how amazed people were to see someone playing "cack-handed".   The good thing is that Canadian shops are loaded with left handed clubs!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:58:01 PM by Mark Buzminski »

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »
I'm double-dipping, as I already posted a picture of myself, but oh well.  Me on the putting green at Shelter Harbor:

And here I am hitting a golf ball off of Mt. Monadnock.  No screams were heard after the ball disappeared from view, so I think I avoided the trouble.  You can actually see the ball in the upper-left too.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Tim Bert

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
We recently surrounded Mayhugh by lefties in our foursome in Bandon. 

Brian Cenci

« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2010, 01:06:56 PM »
I am right handed but I play golf and hockey left handed.

I'm more than double dipping but how may left topics do we ever get on here, right?
Here's a few of my favorite pics....

Me off #10 at Arcadia Bluffs

Me off #9 at Bull's Bay

Me at Lost Dunes (not sure what hole)

Me off #10 at Blackwolf Run - River Course

Me on #10 at Crystal Downs (camera man up tight against the glass)

A hole out at Tennessee National

#3 at Oakmont CC

Approach shot to #5 at Bandon Dunes

#14 at Black Diamond (best inland hole I've ever played)

Not me, but a friend of mine, Mike Neveux (fellow lefty), out of the water at Garland Resort!!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back