News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

4th Course at Prairie Club
« on: March 04, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
congrats to Gil and Geoff.  I believe the Horse course covered some of the original canyon 18, perhaps Geoff can confirm if this courses much of that same territory.  

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/mar/04/hanse-gets-prairie-club-assignment/?Travel
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:58:55 PM by Jim Colton »

Josh Smith

Re: 4th course at prairie club
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »
Holy Cow :D :D :D

This is really something.  Oh my.   

Eric Smith

Re: 4th course at prairie club
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
<<<<<Shaky Chin>>>>>

Awesome news!  Thanks for the link Jim.

Shane Wright

Re: 4th Course at Prairie Club
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »
Incredible, thanks for sharing Jim.

Jimmy Muratt

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:32:26 PM »
This is very exciting news.  As promising as the Lehman and Marsh courses look, I remember the original routing that Hanse had done several years ago and it was spectacular.  As mentioned, his layout really took advantage of the canyon edge.  It seemed to have the rare quality of incorporating several distinct types of terrain (sand hills, canyon rim, forest).

The Prairie Club is looking very promising.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
If you are one of the 170 members who are in already you must be pretty stoked with the news - Mr Schock definitely has some brass ones!

Congrats to Gil and his team.

I love the public/private element of PC - seems like a really good way to be thinking in this economy.

Geoff_Shackelford

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »
Thanks for the kind words! The course we routed a few years ago did finish at the current clubhouse site, and the finishing hole of that course is now the Horse Course. There's a chance we could reclaim that hole and build a new Horse Course next to the current one, but I have a feeling based on the early reviews of the Horse, that we'll have to find a new 18th hole!  And that's just fine. While we don't like seeing that hole go, it had one really major flaw: playing into the afternoon sun.

There are several interesting scenarios in play for a revised routing, including the possibility of more canyon-edge holes. But I do know for sure we'll have the opportunity to build most of the truly mind-boggling ones either way, we just don't know what hole numbers they'll be yet.

PCCraig

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 08:52:37 AM »
The 14hr, 13min drive from Chicago to Valentine, NE just became a little less daunting!

The Prarie Club has 2011 written all over it.
H.P.S.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »
Congratulations Geoff

If the Horse course wasn't there would you have built the 18th into the setting sun?

Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil & Tiger.

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »
If you are one of the 170 members who are in already you must be pretty stoked with the news - Mr Schock definitely has some brass ones!

Congrats to Gil and his team.

I love the public/private element of PC - seems like a really good way to be thinking in this economy.

You're correct. This is the recipe for success.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
I'm glad for Gil, Jim and Geoff. The members will be the real winners with this decision.

Good on Mr. Schock.

As for the setting sun, is that like the 18th at Pebble? Rules are meant to be broken. Especially ones that affect the smallest possible numbers of people.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

RJ_Daley

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
It would be cool if they could get a 'made for HD TV' golf event out there when it all gets up and running.  Something that doesn't involve a big gallery, just advertising.  Maybe, something like the event they have out at J. Robertson's Cape Kidnappers.  With Lehman's involvement, maybe a match among past Open champs, although they have to get Swampy into the mix as well.  Maybe he could captain a team of ROW vs US past Open and Ryder capts. 

It would be fun to be in charge of promoting Prairie Club, since it would be such a no-brainer and would promote itself, which leaves a lot more time for the golf... ;) ::) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back