News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Why I LOVE Florida golf
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:41:45 PM »
Listen, I live IN SCOTLAND!

We are currently under between 6 and 12 inches of snow. Check this week at TOC:

http://www.standrews.org.uk/news/index.html

We started having a Florida vacation in December about twenty years ago. Can you imagine how marvellous it was to actually play golf in the WINTER? NOT on 'winter greens', NOT off mats, NOT off icy, frost-hardened fairways, NOT into cups the size of Flowerpots.

If you can't, you'll NEVER understand why Florida golf is GREAT (albeit at certain times of the year!!!)

Given Highland Reserve or the Reverse Jans - okay, it's a CLOSE decision - but gimme HR anytime. A cold beer, a hot cartgirl, no need for preferred lies, NO COMPARISON!

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Bill_McBride

Re: Why I LOVE Florida golf
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
Listen, I live IN SCOTLAND!

We are currently under between 6 and 12 inches of snow. Check this week at TOC:

http://www.standrews.org.uk/news/index.html

We started having a Florida vacation in December about twenty years ago. Can you imagine how marvellous it was to actually play golf in the WINTER? NOT on 'winter greens', NOT off mats, NOT off icy, frost-hardened fairways, NOT into cups the size of Flowerpots.

If you can't, you'll NEVER understand why Florida golf is GREAT (albeit at certain times of the year!!!)

Given Highland Reserve or the Reverse Jans - okay, it's a CLOSE decision - but gimme HR anytime. A cold beer, a hot cartgirl, no need for preferred lies, NO COMPARISON!

FBD.

High of 42* here today (5* C).  C'mon c'mon!   ;D  It is unbelievably cold for even NW Florida and looks to stay this way until next week.   :'(

Aren't you glad you aren't paying to be in Florida now?

Marty Bonnar

Re: Why I LOVE Florida golf
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »
FIVE DEGREES!?!?!? FIVE DEGREES!!!!!!? That's like only ten degrees warmer than HERE!!!! Aaarrrgghhhhh.

Oh no, I can just picture the Redanman going off on one of his world-famous 'Global Warming' rants.... ;)

Unka Bill,
I actually remember ten years ago in Orlando in December waking up to ice-covered cars in the driveway (where the sprinklers had wet them thru the night and it had frozen). The Locals were hilarious - out taking pictures of the 'weird' weather!

Still not putting me off from this December's 50th celebs. The Mouse is calling me.......hi-diddley-dee.

best,
neffers Mart.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back