News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will Smith

Re: How many rounds of golf
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2010, 11:22:59 AM »
59 rounds, 3 countries, 13 states

32 different courses, 21 of which I saw for the first time.

Mostly in three of four day binges. Rare that I play two straight weeks.

archie_struthers

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2010, 04:45:28 PM »
 ;D ??? 8)

around 50 eighteen holers ....but must have played another 75 nine-ten holers after work last summer...favorite time to play is 4-8 pm

George Freeman

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2010, 05:01:13 PM »
35-40 rounds for this guy; far too few...

That is IMPRESSIVE Bob B.!  Hope all is well!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

PCCraig

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »
quite posting in GHIN in October, but believe the total rounds played around 300 in 9 different states, about 30 different courses. The majority being played at my home course, Wolf Run. Not bad for a resident of Indianapolis.

300! Wow Bob that is impressive.
H.P.S.

Ash Towe

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
95 as near as I can remember.  2 rounds a week at my club except when rained out and a few extra when on my trip to the US.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2010, 06:00:10 PM »
Ash

You have started 2010 in pretty quick fashion as well  :P

TEPaul

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2010, 06:00:29 PM »
Zoel Zuckerman asked in the initial post----How many rounds of golf did you play in 2009?

I had not even thought of something like that until now but for me the number of rounds at my club in 2009=0. Total rounds for me in 2009 was 3 over two days at the Lesley Cup at the Tuxedo Park GC in early October.

Great Balls of Fire---what a revoltin' development that is to think about. Thanks a lot Joel. ;)

Ash Towe

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2010, 02:38:36 PM »
Kevin,

It was the best start I have ever made.  As well as our round I had a great time with Mark Ferguson and was seriously impressed with Peninsula South.

Ross Tuddenham

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »
This is hard to answer I don't know how you guys have such good memories.  From around April, as soon as it is light after work, through to about September i will play about 3-4 rounds a week.  Or at least be on the course 4 times a week.  This includes a mix of anything from about 6 to 18 holes.  The rest of the year I suppose you just have to make do with a round on the weekend if the weather is reasonable?

So i will take a guess at about  40 eighteen hole rounds,  55 nine hole rounds and the rest just whatever the light will allow after work.

I live in Scotland where if you are hardy then of course you can play all year round but realistically October to march has limited play.  I find this really re-charges the passion I have for the game.  Do you guys that can play all year round in places like Florida ever feel like you need a break?

Personally I think given the choice i would golf every day of the year if it was possible.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2010, 03:22:26 AM »
I think I visited the golf club about 30 times last year, sometimes playing only a few holes, other times doing a bit of practice on the DR or putting green. Played 18 holes 6 times, played 9 holes 13 times, and then a few quick 6 and 3 holes. Averaged out, it was about 15 rounds of 18 holes. :'(

Dónal.

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »

Great Balls of Fire---what a revoltin' development that is to think about. Thanks a lot Joel. ;)

Well Tom, you can either play 150 rounds a year, or post 150 times a week...hard to find time for both!!  ;)

This is hard to answer I don't know how you guys have such good memories. 

Ross--I don't know how anybody else does it, but I have a wall calendar I keep in my desk, and fill in where I played and what I shot on the appropriate date.  I've been doing so for 20+ years, and this method has many advantages--you can keep track of rounds played, new courses visited, remember highlight (or lowlight) rounds, and helps to recall long-ago golf journeys.  For example, if a buddy talks about the time we played RCD back in 2005, for example, I can rifle through the calendar collection, and remind him it was actually 2004.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back