News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Moore II

Re: GCAer Equipment
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »
Snake Eyes Models 5 iron lofts
Python XLD- 23*
685X- 26*
Viper XT- 26*
675B- 28*
Viper HT- 27*
Python XLT- 26.5*
Viper Tour- 27*

So, I list 7 models, and have 5 different lofts. Those are the custom clubs I build the most. There is no standard. The 685X, 675B, and Viper Tour are all 'blade' type irons. The others are game improvement types. All three of the 'blade' types have different lofts. There simply is no industry standard for lofts on specific clubs, not on any club.

So, Jim, there just is no industry standard for lofts, you even show that in your post, you just don't want to admit it.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2010, 08:33:21 PM »
JKM,
Baloney, but you can look at it any way you want.  ;)

All four of the major manufacturers I cited all have their blade irons at 27 degrees of loft, read that again, a-l-l of them, all sixteen offerings by all four companies.

That is an industry standard because the vast majority of clubs sold are at the lofts I cited. The companies you buy components from don't follow that standard, but then again, they aren't a significant part of the golf club industry, they're more like a blip on your sonar.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

John Moore II

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
JKM,
Baloney, but you can look at it any way you want.  ;)

All four of the major manufacturers I cited all have their blade irons at 27 degrees of loft, read that again, a-l-l of them, all sixteen offerings by all four companies.

That is an industry standard because the vast majority of clubs sold are at the lofts I cited. The companies you buy components from don't follow that standard, but then again, they aren't a significant part of the golf club industry, they're more like a blip on your sonar.
But look away from just the blades. 5 iron lofts are all over the map, I don't care if Snake Eyes is just a blip on the radar (has to be radar, sonar is underwater, hopefully we're not looking for too many golf balls underwater). You look at all the models from all the companies, and you'll find lofts ranging from at least 23 to 28 degrees, and possibly a greater range than that. Among all 5 irons and other clubs, there just isn't a true standard, to where you look at any 5 iron and find the same loft.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
JKM,
If someone asks me what the loft of a modern blade iron is I can say, with reasonable certainty, that the vast majority of them have 27 degrees of loft, and that among the major manufacturers even their game improvement clubs are mostly within 1 or 2 degrees of that number.
How much more consistency do you need before you see a 'standard'?

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it because it's truthful and a reasonable representation of the market.
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back