News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Toldeo/Sandusky Ohio Recommendations
« on: June 10, 2022, 08:20:54 AM »
Heading to Sandusky Ohio for a family trip to theme park August 20 and 21.  Does anyone have any public or private tracks in that you might recommend?

Steve Lang

Re: Toldeo/Sandusky Ohio Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
 8)  Rick,

Haven't been there since 1980, but I used to play at Sawmill Creek, nearby in Huron,... its a Fazio course.  I used to do Ohio EPA inspections there regarding their lakefront issues and had other industries in the area to visit, so it was convenient and nice when there was a breeze off the lake. Some nice settings along the creek and some good holes as I remember, and good perch sandwiches, but hey, that was a long time ago.  It was a little upmarket at the time, playing off the Fazio name brand.   

I see:

Sawmill Creek Golf Club is now under the ownership of Cedar Fair entertainment company and has undergone updates for the upcoming season. Guests of all Cedar Point resorts can now include rounds at Sawmill Creek Golf Club in their stay package.

enjoy the roller coasters!
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

DFarron

Re: Toldeo/Sandusky Ohio Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 10:51:35 PM »
Sometimes the private clubs in that area are receptive to guests, if so I’d recommend

-Plumbrook in Sandusky
-Elyria (William Flynn 30 minutes east of Sandusky)
-Maumee Bay State Park (public)

Toledo is pretty far but I’d try

-Inverness (tough to get on)
-Sylvania (very under rated )

« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 10:53:24 PM by DFarron »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back