News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Rigg

Re: Favorite pictures from this year
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 10:22:18 PM »
Pics!

1) Chambers Bay from up top
2) The 16th at CECC - rumple!
3) The Hell Bunker at OM
4) The 4th at PD - Golfing Heaven
5) 13th Green at BT - surrounded by Jail(s)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:25:57 PM by Rob Rigg »

Mac Plumart

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »
Aidan...

It would appear to me that you obviously photoshopped the flag.  Yours is checkered and Joe's is red!!! ;)

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 10:30:33 PM »
Different golf course Mac.......

Mac Plumart

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 10:36:57 PM »
Oh...trying to be funny has failed me again!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »
Pics!

1) Chambers Bay from up top
2) The 16th at CECC - rumple!
3) The Hell Bunker at OM
4) The 4th at PD - Golfing Heaven
5) 13th Green at BT - surrounded by Jail(s)

Rob, #16 at CECC is more a roller coaster than a rumple!  Or maybe it's a dozen rumples!  That is one great par 4.

Sean_A

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 02:13:48 AM »

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Joe Bausch

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 03:06:19 AM »
Joe,

With all due respect, can you please tell me what part of the image you think I "photoshopped".

Aidan.

D'oh!  My bad Aidan.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:08:30 AM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Brian Phillips

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 03:08:51 AM »
Joe,

With all due respect, can you please tell me what part of the image you think I "photoshopped".

Aidan.
Aidan,

You are not implying that you never touch up your photos are you?   :)

Brian
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2009, 05:51:14 AM »
Barwon Heads GC, Victoria Australia, new par 3 course, hole 5 green, with greens of holes 6 and 4 in the background

Jon Earl

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 06:56:32 AM »
A few of mine
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:47:33 AM by Jon Earl »
Splosh! One of the finest sights in the world: the other man's ball dropping in the water - preferably so that he can see it but cannot quite reach it and has therefore to leave it there, thus rendering himself so mad that he loses the next hole as well.

Cristian

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2009, 07:33:09 AM »
St George's Hill 13

Haagsche

Haagsche 15 (*2)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:38:30 AM by Cristian Willaert »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »

Sean, is that first picture Burnham and Berrow?  Please please please?  Absolutely gorgeous!

Sean_A

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2009, 10:43:05 AM »

Sean, is that first picture Burnham and Berrow?  Please please please?  Absolutely gorgeous!

Ace

No such luck my friend.  You need to head south a few more hours for that treat.  If you do make it, drag that sorry ass Aussie (whats his name - Scott Stickem' Up Warren) with ya.  He has some issues he needs to resolve.

B&B #14

B&B #5

B&B #15

B&B #8

And my favourite - the old Majuba hole

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Bill_McBride

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »
The "Majuba" looks like #4 at RSG without the bunker!   :o

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2009, 12:17:21 PM »
Aidan,

You are not implying that you never touch up your photos are you?   

Brian

I always try to deliver the best possible product to the client but sometimes the circumstances within which we shoot is far from perfect. Have you or your clients ever hired a photographer before the course is ready in order to get some advance publicity? The photographer arrives and there are no flags. There is no sand in the bunkers or the fairways are only half sodded. The construction machinery behind the 18th or even something as simple as all the divots on the tee box.

Which image would you prefer? I am a firm believer in prevention rather than cure but that option is not always open to me. Of course I use photoshop. It has become an integral part of image creation but to get a good result you still have to start out with a good pallette. I realize your comment was somewhat "tongue in cheek" but I appreciate the opportunity to clarify this matter. Are you at the Forum in Amsterdam?

Aidan.

tlavin

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »

As your attorney, I advise the majority of you to pay heed to the golf fitness thread.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:32:41 PM by Terry Lavin »

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »
Giles Payne is actually pictured after a heavy lunch.........I hope that was taken during the foursomes as his partner would have been to blame for getting him there!!

Melvyn - did TOC flood on easterly winter storms and is the danger totally removed now??
Cave Nil Vino

David Stamm

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2009, 12:40:57 PM »

As your attorney, I advise the majority of you to pay heed to the golf fitness thread.

Terry, I'm trying. Mr Wagner is fit as a fiddle and makes me look awful in that first pic. New Year's resolution, here we come!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Bill_McBride

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »
David, no problem, no worries.  Peter is an ectomorph, you're a mesomorph.  It could be worse, you could be an endomorph!

Point is, no matter how you diet, you ain't gonna be as slim as Peter!  Sorry about that.  Merry Christmas!

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »

Mark

As for the potential problems that you would have to put at the door of the Links Trust as I no longer, live in St Andrews.

However, I can give you some information as to the past.  The Eden Estuary was know to threaten the course in the late 1870-80 coming very close to the green for the 7th &  11th - the High Holes. In fact, it was up against the side of the Green and gave Old Tom many problems. I believe on more than a few occasions there was fear that the Green maybe destroyed by the combination of sea and wind. Relief was expressed many times when it was inspected after a storm to see it was still there. The general comments seem to imply that the Green had the appearance of a long shallow modern day bunker covered in sand today the problem has with the sea receded. There is a water colour of this hole dating from circa 1880's called something like The Eden Estuary by T Hodge that shows how close the sea was to the pin. I only have a photo copy of the original painting.

There is a quote made by Old Tom regards this Green, “has gi’en me mair bother than a’ the rest o’ them put together”.

Melvyn

PS Old Tom stated that this Green and in particular these holes, were the first to use the precursor of the tin cup. His term was ‘sheet-iron case’ to keep the holes in shape.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »
On the way to putting my name down at the starters hut, 6am August

Much later the same day

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:37:26 PM by Tony_Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 01:37:52 PM »
Is the late lamented Squire Goodale wearing denim in that last picture?  On a British golf course?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »
Couldn't say Mark, I was just watching the ball drop for a 2, on a Par 4. ;)

Pretty good day all in all.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Niall C

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »
yes Tony, I seem to recall that Rich was your partner which is why Marty and myself are looking a bit pissed off in the background .

Niall

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »
http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41579.0/

Any of the pictures from John Mayhugh's English experience capture the essence of south east golf, especially the dog bowl shots!
Cave Nil Vino

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back