News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott_Burroughs

Re: Favorite pictures from this year
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »
Like clockwork, someone always starts a 'year-in-review'-type thread with at least a month left in the year.  It always amuses me, because the year isn't over yet, by a long shot.  I know I still have 2-3 new courses to play yet this year.  So, for some pics of this year so far:

A highlight from my cheap camera:

And last, but best:

My 10-year-old's (in knee brace) first ever tournament (9-12 girls division of Jr CC...2nd place in that division...granted there were only 2 entrants  ::) ), and 2nd ever 'truly-scored' round ever.  Her first ever 'truly-scored' round was earlier that day, in the morning, her first ever completed 9 holes on the big course.  Her 2nd round, the tournament round, was a full 18 strokes better than the morning 9!

Hopefully, there will be more tournaments, and rounds w/the old man to come.....

Richard Choi

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »
This is still vivid in my memories...

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2009, 08:09:01 PM »
Jim

I think I took that one but I could be wrong . I was pretty steamed inside by that point . I know there are two of those pics that are like a minute apart. Ill post the other one for you . Ill take credit for the lesser of the two since you are my hero :p

Brad

Chris Flamion

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have the pic.

The day after my wife and I got married we played the 9 hole course at Jekyll Island, GA(goofy track but a good bit of fun).  As we were walking down the first fairway I grabbed her hand and kissed her.  Fortunately the group behind us was my Parents and they snapped the picture.  While not the best "golf" pic it was hands down my favorite moment of the year on the golf course.

Most of the other pics are breathtaking and make me truly jealous.  I'm glad we got 20+ days left of this

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2009, 01:50:29 AM »
George

Thanks ,glad it brought back good memories .

The forth pic is from some overrated goat track in Colorado that I took after a rain storm .

Great pictures Brad.  Both of the courses in 1-3 are near and dear to my heart.

Wonderful quality too, what do you do to achieve such great quality pictures?  Do you tote around a massive camera and tripod like George?

Brad,

#2 is by far the best.  Who took that pic?

Here u go

C. Squier

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »

The day after my wife and I got married we played the 9 hole course at Jekyll Island, GA(goofy track but a good bit of fun).  As we were walking down the first fairway I grabbed her hand and kissed her.  Fortunately the group behind us was my Parents and they snapped the picture.  While not the best "golf" pic it was hands down my favorite moment of the year on the golf course.

Most of the other pics are breathtaking and make me truly jealous.  I'm glad we got 20+ days left of this

So you're telling me that you:

A. Played golf on your honeymoon

and

B. Had your parents there

and

C. You're still married?

I suspect you'll have no problems getting on your bucket list courses in the future with negotiation skills like that.  Are you CIA?

George Freeman

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2009, 10:32:57 AM »
Do you tote around a massive camera and tripod like George?

Results JC...results
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2009, 10:54:54 AM »

Tom Huckaby second shot to #18 at Prairie Dunes.

Doug Ralston

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2009, 06:48:53 PM »

Just a small point: In the picture the chess set is set up completely wrong. Black corner square is always to the left. That explains why the black king and queen are on the wrong colors. I hate seeing this kind of stuff in movies and television, and I assume it was just set up to spice an otherwise dull picture .......... try again!  :o

Doug  :-*
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »
Rich

Nice pic !!

Chris Flamion

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »

So you're telling me that you:

A. Played golf on your honeymoon

and

B. Had your parents there

and

C. You're still married?

I suspect you'll have no problems getting on your bucket list courses in the future with negotiation skills like that.  Are you CIA?

It was a small wedding, 12 people all related, at the Club on the island. Actually played 27 holes the morning of the wedding.  She is no die hard golfer but she does enjoy it, so she understand my obsession. And no not CIA, but have worked for the government.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2009, 09:43:39 PM »
The start of my 40th Birthday present....

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2009, 10:16:58 PM »

All of these photos are terrific and epitomize why we love the game.

It's the variety in the playing field and challenge, variety which doesn't exist in tennis, bowling, croquet and many other sports.

In addition, the comraderie the game not only allows, but promotes.

In what other game can you spend 4 hours conversing with your fellow competitors ?

Steve Pozaric,

I'm jealous, I want your six year old daughters swing.
If I could follow through, with that weight shift, I'd hit the ball straighter and farther.
She must get her athletic and golfing talent from her mother  ;D

C. Squier

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

All of these photos are terrific and epitomize why we love the game.

It's the variety in the playing field and challenge, variety which doesn't exist in tennis, bowling, croquet and many other sports.

In addition, the comraderie the game not only allows, but promotes.

In what other game can you spend 4 hours conversing with your fellow competitors ?

Steve Pozaric,

I'm jealous, I want your six year old daughters swing.
If I could follow through, with that weight shift, I'd hit the ball straighter and farther.
She must get her athletic and golfing talent from her mother  ;D

Definitely has a better swing than uncle Nick!!! 

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2009, 11:03:15 PM »
Like clockwork, someone always starts a 'year-in-review'-type thread with at least a month left in the year.  It always amuses me, because the year isn't over yet, by a long shot.  I know I still have 2-3 new courses to play yet this year.  So, for some pics of this year so far:

A highlight from my cheap camera:

And last, but best:

My 10-year-old's (in knee brace) first ever tournament (9-12 girls division of Jr CC...2nd place in that division...granted there were only 2 entrants  ::) ), and 2nd ever 'truly-scored' round ever.  Her first ever 'truly-scored' round was earlier that day, in the morning, her first ever completed 9 holes on the big course.  Her 2nd round, the tournament round, was a full 18 strokes better than the morning 9!

Hopefully, there will be more tournaments, and rounds w/the old man to come.....

The first several look like the Journey at Pechanga...which I played approximately48 hours before being admitted to a hospital for 5 days due to a bleeding ulcer in my esophagus. Ahhh....memories...
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Alex Miller

« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »
How was the journey at Pechanga?

James Boon

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2009, 07:53:36 AM »
Sean,

Thanks for the Burnham & Berrow pics. Not really managed to get any good ones yet, but I like this early morning shot looking back down the 1st

Here’s a few other photos I like…

Cows on the 8th at Sutton Coldfield. This was a bit of a shock as I’d assumed the fences around the greens were to keep deer off…

And several very enjoyable trips north of the border…

The 13th at North Berwick

The 8th at Askernish

The 11th at Castle Stuart

Cheers,

James

ps Wow, I managed to post on one of these threads without having a dig at people for posting pictures without telling us which course they are from  ;D Hang on a minute... Doh!  ::)
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

JC Jones

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2009, 02:14:56 PM »
At Palmetto:

Anthony trying to read a routing:

Gastronomic Heaven:

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »
One of my favourites from the year, liked the sunshine more then anything, didn't see too much of it after this and that was january!!

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Eric Smith

« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »
At Palmetto:

Gastronomic Heaven:

Good stuff JC.  Where is Streblats?

Anthony Gray

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »

I was checking The Reverse Alberts.

Anthony

TEPaul

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2009, 10:45:34 AM »
I hadn't looked at this thread until now (I think Anthony told me to). My God there are some wonderful photographs on here. Thanks!

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2009, 11:01:19 AM »
George

Thanks ,glad it brought back good memories .

The forth pic is from some overrated goat track in Colorado that I took after a rain storm .

Great pictures Brad.  Both of the courses in 1-3 are near and dear to my heart.

Wonderful quality too, what do you do to achieve such great quality pictures?  Do you tote around a massive camera and tripod like George?

Brad,

#2 is by far the best.  Who took that pic?

Here u go

What course / hole is this?

Thanks,
Chris

Gene Greco

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »
Chris:

It is the short par 4 17th at Crystal Downs.

Gene   
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Bill_McBride

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »
That's really a beautiful but treacherous hole.   :o

The only time I played the course I hit a really nice little four wood up to the top of that sloping rough on the right, confident the ball would bounce down into the fairway - and it stayed up there!   :o

My next shot was a chop out of the rough into the fairway, followed by a pitch past the hole and a smooth 3 putt for double bogey.

Reminds me now of Jim Murray's great quote about #10 at Riviera sitting at the end of the bar like a young lady you could take advantage of......

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back