News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Boon

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Pennard Confirmed
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »
I'm not seeing the pic. Just me?

Scott,

A quick search on Google and I found the article, picture attached below. I didn't post a link to it as it mentions golf carts at one point and I didn't want to set Melvyn off...  ;D  8)

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010:Trigger Pulled
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
See first post

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Jason Topp

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »
I guess I did not answer the specifi questions

Count me in for Clyne, 36 holes and Dormie house.

Scott Warren

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »
Can someone tell me, because I am descended of convicts and not that bright, what's the total cost of the 36 at Porthcawl Clyne the next morning, then the 54 at Pennard?

Sean_A

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 02:39:38 PM »
Can someone tell me, because I am descended of convicts and not that bright, what's the total cost of the 36 at Porthcawl Clyne the next morning, then the 54 at Pennard?

I am surprised a son of convicts bothers to ask about prices!  I guess yer pre-kin weren't thieving convicts.  Perhaps you were adopted by genteel folk. 

Anyway, the price is an unknown quantity at this point.  Call it £350 in green fees for the whole burrito. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Scott Warren

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »
Indeed. Actually my kin were rum runners. So yeah, part thief, part ignorer of laws, part pisshead!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:06:14 PM by Scott Warren »

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
No doubt the Aussie will also be interested in the Totty pictured above!!
Cave Nil Vino

Scott Warren

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2009, 04:17:34 PM »
Firstly, that's Kiwis. Secondly, it's sheep they like. ;D

Stan Dodd

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2009, 09:09:16 PM »
I have a friend who is a member at Royal St. David's (Harlech) who is interested in setting up a match with GCAer's on either side of the Buda if there is interest.
http://www.royalstdavids.co.uk/

Bill_McBride

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2009, 09:16:16 PM »
I have a friend who is a member at Royal St. David's (Harlech) who is interested in setting up a match with GCAer's on either side of the Buda if there is interest.

Nice offer - but it looks like a full day drive from Swansea  through most of Wales!  Anybody know?  Looks like a cool place.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2009, 03:25:55 AM »
Firstly, that's Kiwis. Secondly, it's sheep they like. ;D

Other than a passion for rugby, that's something else the Welsh & New Zealanders have in common then ;D
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Sean_A

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2009, 04:50:02 AM »

Stan

That is a very fine offer and idea.  I won't participate, but I think others should give it serious thought.  Being hosted by members is the best way to visit a course and at least I have a lot of time for Harlech.  It is doable especially in conjunction with visit to Bernardo Land and perhaps Nefyn, but I am afraid I will leave it to you to round up the troops.  I have already had enough of cat herding.

Ciao

John Mayhugh

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2009, 07:05:47 AM »
Stan,
Royal St. Davids is a place I would really like to see.  I'm not sure if the schedule will work to do it.  I'm trying to get travel plans sorted out right now.

I had been thinking about flying into Manchester instead of Heathrow.  It's only 50 miles or so further and would be a lot easier to get in/out of.  Delta is being stingy with their free tickets, so I'm not sure just yet.  Anyway, if I end up using Manchester Harlech gets much more convenient. 

Sean_A

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2009, 07:09:43 AM »
Stan,
Royal St. Davids is a place I would really like to see.  I'm not sure if the schedule will work to do it.  I'm trying to get travel plans sorted out right now.

I had been thinking about flying into Manchester instead of Heathrow.  It's only 50 miles or so further and would be a lot easier to get in/out of.  Delta is being stingy with their free tickets, so I'm not sure just yet.  Anyway, if I end up using Manchester Harlech gets much more convenient.  

John

One thing to be aware of is the M6.  It is a dodgy road at the best of times (I think the worst road in England) and can easily add hours to any journey.  OK, one can cut through Wales, but that will definitely add hours to any journey.

Ciao
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:16:19 AM by Sean Arble »

John Mayhugh

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2009, 07:18:29 AM »
Stan,
Royal St. Davids is a place I would really like to see.  I'm not sure if the schedule will work to do it.  I'm trying to get travel plans sorted out right now.

I had been thinking about flying into Manchester instead of Heathrow.  It's only 50 miles or so further and would be a lot easier to get in/out of.  Delta is being stingy with their free tickets, so I'm not sure just yet.  Anyway, if I end up using Manchester Harlech gets much more convenient. 

John

One thing to be aware of is the M6.  It is a dodgy road at the best of times (I think the worst road in England) and can easily add hours to any journey. 

Ciao

Thanks much for the advice.  I've also been looking at flying into Heathrow and home from Manchester.  The return through Harlech would avoid the M6.  I have to admit prospects of a side trip to Hoylake are pretty appealing.

Sean_A

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2009, 07:35:27 AM »
Stan,

John

One thing to be aware of is the M6.  It is a dodgy road at the best of times (I think the worst road in England) and can easily add hours to any journey. 

Ciao

Thanks much for the advice.  I've also been looking at flying into Heathrow and home from Manchester.  The return through Harlech would avoid the M6.  I have to admit prospects of a side trip to Hoylake are pretty appealing.

John

Yes, if your intent is to play Hoylake and perhaps a few others in the environs and down the M6, Manchester makes sense.  I am guessing the drive from Hoylake to Porthcawl is 3.5ish hours if all goes well.  The drive from Heathrow to Porthcawl is in the region of 2.5ish hours if all goes well.  Cutting through Wales from Hoylake to Porthcawl via Harlech is an unknown quantity for me, but I would guess in the region of 6-7 hours if you avoid the farmers' roads - tee hee.

Ciao

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010:Our First Head Shaker Is On Board
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 07:55:32 AM »
See first post.

Ciao

Robin_Hiseman

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Pennard Confirmed
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:50 AM »
Sean

Yes to single room Dormie on Thursday
Yes to 36 Friday
No to Clyne

I'll get you a cheque out pronto. 

Sean

Glad the cheque got to you so fast.  Just bumping this up so you can add my details to the Dormie accommodation.  I hope one or two more 'head shakers' will put themselves forward for ridicule, though you should really include Ben on the archie list already, as he's done Rutland Water.

Cheers
Robin
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Ben Stephens

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »
Thanks Robin for kindly adding me on to the archie list!!

Cheers
Ben

James Boon

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 03:37:32 AM »
Sean,

Just bumping this thread up to the top to try and maintain some momentum and interest!

Also, I love the "head shakers" reference. Very good! and right up there with your "herding cats" comment!  ;D

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010 : I Am Impressed!
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:11 AM »
ANYBODY ELSE INTERESTED?  See 1st post on page 1 for updates and Clyne info.

Ciao
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 07:45:34 AM by Sean Arble »

Sean_A

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2009, 08:48:23 AM »
Well, speak up!  As nobody ahs backed out of Clyne, I am about ready to make a booking.  I am also going to approach Porthcawl about the dormie house shortly.

Ciao
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:50:47 AM by Sean Arble »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2009, 08:58:20 AM »
Sean,

Put Conrad and me down for Clyne as well.  Also, how much space is there in the Dormie House?  We'd be interested if there's space.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »
Well, speak up!  As nobody ahs backed out of Clyne, I am about ready to make a booking.  I am also going to approach Porthcawl about the dormie house shortly.

Ciao

Not being familiar with Clyne, I don't have a good sense of how long it would take to play. Would it be a reasonable possibility to just walk in if we weren't going to finish in time?

Sean_A

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2009, 09:21:10 AM »

Ciao

Not being familiar with Clyne, I don't have a good sense of how long it would take to play. Would it be a reasonable possibility to just walk in if we weren't going to finish in time?

John

There are tow loops of nine so its easy to give up the ghost at the turn.  There really isn't any easy opportunity to flow between the nines whilst playing, but as there will be a comp on anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Ciao

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back