News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Last Call For Pests
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
Sean,
Sent you a message but didn't hear back.  Is the dormie room still available?

John

You and Eric(?) both want the space.  Eric requested first so he has first dibs.  However, Sweet Lou isn't sure he wants to give it up and wants a few more days to deliberate.  If SL does drop his claim, may I suggest Eric takes the single and you take his twin spot?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2010, 11:02:49 AM »
Sean - John is welcomed to bunk with me in a twin.  Mike
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Ben Stephens

« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2010, 11:10:43 AM »
Guys,

Just had a look at the Rugby fixtures to see whether we can attend one after the golf. On Friday night the Scarlets are at home vs Aironi 8pm KO - unfortunately we are at Porthcawl dinner. The Ospreys (the local Swansea team) are away at Munster on Sat night. The only big game in Wales is the Cardiff vs Newport local derby game on Sat night 18.30 KO which will be a bit tight to drive from Pennard. Hey ho we can still watch it on the TV.

Cheers
Ben

John Mayhugh

« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2010, 01:09:35 PM »

You're referring to the one night at the dormie, right?  I originally wanted to book at a hotel so I could have wifi and keep up with things at work, but I'll figure something out.  Once you and/or Sean confirm I'm booked at the dormie, I'll cancel my hotel.

Ben,
I was hoping the rugby schedule would work out.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »
Yes, John. I'm part of the dormy contingent for the one night at Porthcrawl and you are welcomed to share with me if a spot comes open for you. Sean is the gatekeeper.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Ben Stephens

« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »

You're referring to the one night at the dormie, right?  I originally wanted to book at a hotel so I could have wifi and keep up with things at work, but I'll figure something out.  Once you and/or Sean confirm I'm booked at the dormie, I'll cancel my hotel.

Ben,
I was hoping the rugby schedule would work out.

John,

The rugby is still a possibility - Its a hours drive to Cardiiff City Stadium where the local derby match will be. Ideally we would have to leav Pennard just after 5pm.

Cheers
Ben

Brian Phillips

« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
Ben,

There must be some other clubs in the area that you could get to.  As long as you find one with a good bar afterwards where they will here a bit of banter and rugby songs that would be nearly as good or better than going to the big game, no?
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Mark Pearce

« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »
Brian,

Th problem with smaller clubs is that they'll be playing on a Saturday afternoon, not evening, I think.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2010, 02:50:57 PM »
Ben,

There must be some other clubs in the area that you could get to.  As long as you find one with a good bar afterwards where they will here a bit of banter and rugby songs that would be nearly as good or better than going to the big game, no?

Brian,

Most local rugby matches would kick off at 2.30pm meaning that we would miss the afternoon round at Pennard. I suspect our captain Mr. Muldoon would not be very happy if we ended up in the rugby bar! I will keep looking for any local games with a late KO.

I was actually hoping that the Ospreys were at home that weekend instead they are in Limerick playing Munster. Cardiff vs Newport would be a cracking game as local derby is more intense than the normal league match and its the only one with 18.30 KO.

The M4 helps to speed up the journey from Swansea to Cardiff.

Cheers
Ben

Ben Stephens

« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »
Don't worry guys the rugby will definitely be on the TV in Pennard clubhouse.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
Don't worry guys the rugby will definitely be on the TV in Pennard clubhouse.

That works for me.

Sean_A

« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »
Last call going once...

Ciao

Last call going twice.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

ward peyronnin

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »
Ok Probably too late because , just like DJ I didn't recognize I had an opportunity until too late and i am on a crazy quest.

But  i will be traveling to play in a medal at my home course, Cruden Bay in the weekend following the Buda and if anyone is still unrequited enough too want o play as my guest that weekend I would be delighted to look into the arrangements.

Regards
Ward
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Sean_A

« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2010, 09:51:14 AM »
Last call going once...

Ciao

Last call going twice.

Ciao

Gone!  I am going to work with the numbers I have as I want to give clubs enough time to re-book unused slots.

Also, for you Clyners, pay attention to the changed tee time.  It has been shifted back to 8:30.  I had no control over this, but it is beneficial in terms of making the afternoon time at Pennard.  Although, this means the dormie housers will need to arrange breakfast earlier than 8am. 

Ciao   

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2010, 12:00:25 PM »
Sean

We're only in the Dormie House on the Thursday night, so it will be the good folks of the assorted guest houses of South Wales who will be rising earlier than they would like to fry the bacon!
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Sean_A

« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »
Sean

We're only in the Dormie House on the Thursday night, so it will be the good folks of the assorted guest houses of South Wales who will be rising earlier than they would like to fry the bacon!

Doc

Very true!

Is Ross still planning to come down for a free meal on Friday?

Ciao

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2010, 08:33:30 AM »
Sean

Yes, Ross is still go for that.  I'd like our fellow pests to think of some questions for him, as we're thinking of doing an informal Q&A after dinner.  Doesn't have to only be about his design work for Celtic Manor, but clearly, he'll be expecting some insightful questions from a very educated audience ;)
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Sean_A

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »
Sean

Yes, Ross is still go for that.  I'd like our fellow pests to think of some questions for him, as we're thinking of doing an informal Q&A after dinner.  Doesn't have to only be about his design work for Celtic Manor, but clearly, he'll be expecting some insightful questions from a very educated audience ;)

Very fine Doc.

I don't think I have specifically stated this, but JACKET AND TIE ARE REQUIRED AT ROYAL PORTHCAWL.  Fore those who are in touch with outlier Pests, please let them know.

Ciao

Eric Smith

« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
VIDEO TOUR of Royal Porthcawl Golf Club http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3CGSJemya4

I love the ending, with the narrator visiting the Jolly Sailor, just down the street...

"It isn't often you go into a pub and come out with more Brains than you had when you arrived."

Jason Topp

John Mayhugh

« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
Speaking of videos.

Michael Robin was kind enough to share a DVD "final rough cut" of his film on Creating Old Macdonald with me.  I'll bring it along.  If we can figure out somewhere/how to screen it, everyone is in for a real treat. Worst case is a few people at a time can huddle around my laptop.

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: FINAL ITINERARY
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2010, 04:09:55 AM »
All

Please read the original post, it is now updated to reflect the final itinerary and should answer most questions there are answers for!  The format(s), match pairings and handicap allowances are still being negotiated by the leaders and best.  I am told there will be some changes this year, especially in the sorts of games to be played - should be interesting. 

I know some guys will be rolling into the Porthcawl dormie house late on Thursday.  It may be an idea for whoever arrives first to check on the keys situation and if need be, collect the keys for the entire group.  Remember, folks shouldn't have to hand over any money except for drinks and dinner while at Porthcawl.  The green fees and dormie house will be paid in advance. 

Ciao

Bill_McBride

« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »
Great job organizing, Sean, thanks for all the hard work!  Looking forward to seeing you lot!   ;D

Eric Smith

« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2010, 10:47:40 AM »

I know some guys will be rolling into the Porthcawl dormie house late on Thursday.  It may be an idea for whoever arrives first to check on the keys situation and if need be, collect the keys for the entire group.  Remember, folks shouldn't have to hand over any money except for drinks and dinner while at Porthcawl.  The green fees and dormie house will be paid in advance. 

I'll be in Wales for a couple of days prior and plan to check in at Porthcawl around 7ish on Thursday evening, so if I'm first to arrive I will collect dormie keys and will see you guys in the clubhouse bar. Can't wait to see and meet everyone. Thanks again Sean for all of your efforts in organizing this great event!

mike_malone

« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
AKA Mayday

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back