News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Ferlicca

Breckenridge Golf Course (Pics)
« on: August 14, 2009, 10:43:05 PM »
Breckenridge Golf Course is the local muni for the town of Breckenridge, CO.  Jack Nicklaus designed 27 holes here, and IMO did quite a good job.  There are a lot of good golf holes that grab your attention right once you step onto the tee.  I played the Elk (the newest nine) and the Beaver Nine.  It consists of three nines that are the Bear, Beaver, and Elk.   I was really impressed with this place, and so far am really overwhelmed with the munis in Colorado, I have only played two but so far CommonGround and Breckenridge both highly exceeded my expectations.  So here is the photo tour.

Beaver 1 (410 yards)  A good opening hole with a gorgeous backdrop on the approach

Beaver 2 (562 yards) A straightaway par 5 with a some wild ridges going along the right the whole way

Beaver 3 (177 yards)  By far the coolest looking hole on the whole course, and awesome par 3 with a moat type bunker that surrounds the front and the sides.  It also has a attractive front hole pin position where you could spin it back into the hole.

Beaver 4 (416 yards)  A good looking tee shot where it is hard to pick the right bunker to hit over

Beaver 5 (423 yards)

Beaver 6 (405 yards)  A sort of blind looking tee shot with a couple trees blocking the view

Beaver 7 (409 yards)  A really tight tee shot that asks for a cut, and then a severe two tiered green

Beaver 8 (580 yards)  A great par 5 that has a really tight tee shot again, and then a split fairway second shot, but it leaves you right in the distance to go for it in two.

Elk 1 (385 yards)  Another good opening hole with water right and a single tree left

Elk 2 (574 yards)  A really tight driving area par 5, that thins up the whole way towards the hole

Elk 4 (441 yards)  A simple tee shot that asks you to cut it and then an good looking backdrop to the green

Elk 5 (242 yards)  Playing in elevation with a somewhat downhill shot it was only a 5 iron, but still a demanding golf shot

Elk 6 (281 yards)  Honestly one of the coolest looking driveable par 4s I have played, the look off the tee is just sooo cool.  You have to hit a perfect shot at the green in between the trees or lay up to the right, which of course I didn't do.

Elk 7 (435 yards)  Downhill tee shot, but then you cross a ravine to a sloping green

Elk 8 (576 yards)  A sweeping dogleg right par 5 that goes downhill

Elk 9 (425 yards) A pretty plain looking finishing hole

mike_beene

Re: Breckenridge Golf Course (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
Always liked the original 18.Never played the new nine.Cant remember a lot of details but it was always my favorite in that area with goof use of meadows to get out of the trees.

Emil Weber

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 01:09:59 AM »
That looks very good... I like the open look of the second nine and that drivable par4 looks awesome. I had heard of the place before, but didn't know it was a muni. How much is the green fee? Did you think there is a lot of typical Nicklaus architecture out there?

Steve Lang

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:44:38 PM »
 8)  No Aspen trees arouind?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back