News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

rjsimper

Re: Kings Putter 2010
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2009, 09:53:34 AM »

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2009, 02:47:15 PM »

Well, the shorts are longer.

Though it looks like he could still fit in the old ones!

ed_getka

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »
Mr. Huckaby:

Consider your bluff called.  I WILL PLAY ALL THREE ROUNDS if you play the event on the three munis.

But it's not going to happen.  Too many people are participating because of "access," is the way I've read these threads.
Tom,
    If that is the way you've read the threads then you need to work on your reading comprehension. :) I organized the first KP at Barona Creek, with the initial thought being it would be cool to get a foursome together that included Todd Eckenrode to talk about how the course came to be since he was the principal onsite guy. It morphed into KP and we had about 30 golfers. Since then the objective has been to have at least one course of architectural interest that makes it worth it for guys to fly in from all over the country for a long weekend while also keeping costs reasonable.
    Given that you have put yourself out there for 3 rounds and you are of architectural interest you may have just made Kyle and Patrick's job much easier. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Richard Choi

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2009, 11:04:04 PM »
I will fly in to play at a nine-hole putt putt course for three days if Tom Doak was going to be there to discuss the finer poinst about how the rotational speed of the windmill effects one's choice of putt!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:07:09 PM by Richard Choi »

ed_getka

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
See! ;D
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
Such patently obvious displays of butt kissing is nauseating.

Ed Getka, if you sign-up, I am there.  Who has the pull for a Monday outing at Meadow like we had at Sherwood?  How about that muni by the airport in Oakland?

Dave_Miller

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
Mr. Huckaby:

Consider your bluff called.  I WILL PLAY ALL THREE ROUNDS if you play the event on the three munis.

But it's not going to happen.  Too many people are participating because of "access," is the way I've read these threads.

Tom
Maybe I'm missing something but I have played in the last two KP's and it has nothing to do about access as far as I'm concerned.  If I want to play somewhere I can usually get on with involving GCA or any GCA'ers.  Plus since I belong to five clubs we have a fair amount of reciprocals.
The KP event to me is about having a good time with a great bunch of guys.
Best
Dave

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »
Mr. Huckaby:

Tom
Maybe I'm missing something but I have played in the last two KP's and it has nothing to do about access as far as I'm concerned.  If I want to play somewhere I can usually get on with involving GCA or any GCA'ers.  Plus since I belong to five clubs we have a fair amount of reciprocals.
Best
Dave
Dave, send my a private e-mail.  Which clubs, when do you play?
Just kidding.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

ed_getka

« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2009, 09:36:19 PM »
Lou,
    I would love to be there, but KP is not my reality for the next couple of years. Next year will be Old Mac opening so sadly KP is not happening in '10 for me.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »
Mr. Huckaby:

Tom
Best
Dave

Dave,

So sad, and I thought it was about watching my masterful sand skills.   ;D

Bill_McBride

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »
Lou,
    I would love to be there, but KP is not my reality for the next couple of years. Next year will be Old Mac opening so sadly KP is not happening in '10 for me.

Ed, hopefully you can make it your first Dixie Cup at Palmetto and Camden in October. That way you can get your GCA fix without getting on an airplane!

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »
Being a newbie, I'm already starting to get that 'strange' look from the misses about my golfing excursions.  I just don't see the problem.  I'm just flying cross country to golf with a bunch of guys I met in a discussion group.  What's the big deal?!

That is quite normal for most of us here.

You should have seen the look my wife gave me when I told her that I was flying to Denver to play golf with people I met on-line.

She was like "WHAT???!!!" then after the acceptance, she wanted every minute details of the trip itinerary and phone numbers of all the places. She was pretty nervous until I got home safe and sound. :)

Richard...she'll get over it.  See you in CO next month!!!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »
How about a new twist... three way matches NoCal, SoCal, BajaCal? Or are you gringos scared to be in close proximity to thise residing in Mexico these days?

Dave_Miller

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
Mr. Huckaby:

Tom
Best
Dave

Dave,

Kalen:
Your sand skills are unmatched and I am looking forward to seeing them at next year's KP. I am in.
Best
Dave

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2009, 05:58:21 PM »
How about a new twist... three way matches NoCal, SoCal, BajaCal? Or are you gringos scared to be in close proximity to thise residing in Mexico these days?

Greg,

I'll have to double check with El Capitan of the show, but I believe by default that puts you in the SoCal camp.  Sorry my friend  ;D .
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:40:00 AM by Patrick Kiser »
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Greg Tallman

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

Greg,

I'll have to double check with El cpaitan of the show, but I believe by default that puts you in the SoCal camp.  Sorry my friend  ;D .

Rad!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2009, 12:02:01 AM »
Mr. Huckaby:

Tom
Best
Dave

Dave,

Kalen:
Your sand skills are unmatched and I am looking forward to seeing them at next year's KP. I am in.
Best
Dave

DAve,

This is great news, I'll make sure we get paired up together so you can root for me while i'm showing them off again.  ;D

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »
I'm in...  8)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back