News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

K. Krahenbuhl

Re: Golfweek's 2009 Best Of Lists
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2009, 09:34:33 AM »
Encore!

Old Sandwich is rated #13 among modern courses.  Any opinions about the golf course?

Here is an old thread with a couple of pictures that Josh Smith started that I was looking at a couple of days ago...

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php?board=1%3baction=display%3bthreadid=26713%3bstart=0

John Kirk

« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »
Thanks, Kyle.  I see I contributed regularly to that thread.

I think I may be havng dinner with Josh Smith and other GCAs this evening.  I'm asking questions!

Another course which has been getting some love (a profile by Ran and a feature in T&L, I believe) is May River in the South Carolina lowlands, which looks quite nice in photos, but doens't crack the top 100.

Mark Arata

« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »
I just got my copy.....

Really sad that Atlantic City fell out of the classic, and pretty disgusted that Rustic isnt on the modern....

I also saw once shocker to me on the State lists, in Mass....Dennis Pines is in the top in the state? it was a bowling alley when I played there back in the day, The Captains and Cranberry Valley were much better tracks than Dennis Pines IMHO...... I know they added 18 new holes at the captains and merged the new holes with the old to make two new courses, but the original course was great, and while I liked the old holes better, the new ones were still better than Dennis Pines.....I am pretty shocked at that one.

New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

C. Squier

« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2009, 08:05:30 PM »
I just got my copy.....

Really sad that Atlantic City fell out of the classic, and pretty disgusted that Rustic isnt on the modern....

The last 2 years Rustic Canyon was 100 and 99.  Meanwhile, courses such as Sebonack, Chambers Bay, Bayonne, Pronghorn, Concession, We-Ko-Pa Saguaro, Colorado Golf Club, Fallen Oak, Estancia, McArthur CC, Greywalls, Spanish Oaks and the Golf Club at Ravenna have made it to the list.  Added up, that's bad math if you're Rustic Canyon.  I've never played RC, so I can't personally comment, but of the new additions to the list, there is some serious competition over the last couple years.  It seems the modern list is pretty dynamic w/ new courses being added to the ballot every year.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back